SAMI/MAM/ and SMMi update on missing issues and future publication dates.

WarthogMKL

OK the modeller is taking  charge of the situation.

Please read below and action if you have not already contacted us in the the last 4 weeks this has also been posted on our Facebook and other forums AND sent to all subscribers were we have a recorded Email address.

Important Subscriber Notice

Dear Valued Subscribers and MA Publications Customers,

Please accept our apologies for our current poor levels of service.  We are working extremely hard to improve this and we are sure you will see the effects over the next few months.

We are aware of several subscribers who have reported they have not received their November and December issues. If you are affected by this issue and have not contacted us can we ask that you email us as soon as possible at [email protected].

We are having extra copies of both the November and December issues reprinted and re-sent to all subscribers who have reported missing issues.

The November and December Issue reprints are currently expected to be delivered to Royal Mail on the 05/02/2021. 

This has, however, caused delays with the January Issue which will now be expected to be delivered to Royal Mail on 08/02/21.

The February Issue is expected to be delivered to Royal Mail on the 15/02/21. 

The March Issue will then follow quite quickly, as we try and return to our previous schedule on the 26/02/2021 though this date has still to be confirmed by the printers, we will of course keep you updated.

We apologise again for all the uncertainty over the last few months and hope this provides some reassurance and clarity on the current situation, and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions, please email [email protected] or contact the office on: +44(0)1234 331431 during normal office hours 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

We will of course continue to update you should anything change as we all struggle to work around the COVID-19 pandemic and slowly return to a normal way of life.

Best wishes

The Team at MA Publications Limited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this @WarthogMKLit is much appreciated.  I have yet to receive the December issue but contacted Mark and received an email back 6 days ago saying mother would be sent out although I have not received this yet . So I won't  make contact on the above just yet. I did not receive the email you mentioned above though either.

Chris

Chris 

Can you please tell me which mags you are missing on here. It would help as it is looking like the problem is very regional and mostly effecting sami and the South East and East of England with a random smattering elsewhere. I am trying to build up a clear picture. 

As an idea only a handful of Foreign customers have reported the issue and they may just be down to the long delays in ROW mail. 

I will update on here when we have and are dispatching the mags.

• Thanks 1

And though it is the original mail we are using Jan issues print slot for the reprints so that issue will be out in about 10-14 days and then we play catch up with the next two issues as shown in the original post  A return to most shops in unlikely until March \ April issue due to the way the contracts are written with old distributor which guarantees a set spacing between issues. The  new and much larger distributor will take over from March or April issue so all the stores that previously had the titles (If They are open by then !) will be able to order. We will post on our website each month when the magazine are available to buy online though a 3 month subscription would work out cheaper and Hannants in London and Sprue Brothers will still get their stock as will a number of model shops around the world who already buy our titles directly from us.. 

Edited by WarthogMKL

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks @WarthogMKL, I am missing the December issue and  live in the South East UK. Do you need me to PM you my address details to cross reference at all?

Thanks

Chris

That is fine and  just confirming that I am seeing in the replies I have had so far.

• Thanks 1

No probs we are getting a few from all over UK though so far 95% are in the East and South East. In a normal month we get between 2 and 5 losses as a norm in UK. Now we are also getting a far better picture of how many are awol and where. The main concern is orders outside of Europe as the post is so poor some customers down under have only just got their October issues last week. So it may be some months before we have a full picture. But I am working on an answer for that one

Topic has been re-opened.

MA Publications  are getting good feedback from affected members here, hopefully that will result in a solution for those who have been affected.

However it also looks like these threads have been used as an opportunity/soapbox  by a member who has had his subscription refunded and has also been abusive to MA Publications staff.

BM is not to be used as that soapbox or to carry on any issues anyone has elsewhere. The Mod team and BM will not be caught in the middle. We will just hide any unneeded posts and restrict access.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Decembers were collected a few days after Novembers to minimise the chance of a total loss again so are on way.

We will have Jan and Feb on way next week not sure if the will be double bagged or will go separately yet as we will access how RM do with Nov & Dec.

That puts us back on schedule with March issue out at the end of the month date TBC.

Depending when lockdown ends we will be back in shops with either March or April issue.

Sadly we have no spare November/December  issues left at the moment but Jan and Feb are now available to pre-order on web site and if we get any overages back from distributor the Nov/Dec issues will be put back site as well. 

www.modelaircraftmag.com also I can be contacted at [email protected] for any queries though I am back at day job after COVID so may not be super fast with replies.

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can not say how much of a relief that is. All 25 with trackers also landed today. They were collected last Friday but only started tracking on Monday. Both these and Decembers went second class as that was how the originals went, but from Jan issue they are going 1st class. Will be interesting to see how long the ROW orders take as an October issue made it to Australia in 11 weeks!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

December subscriber copies should be with customers middle of next week.

Slight delay if you ordered individual  Nov and Decembers or Decembers on its own online in January. Our own December issues have gone AWOL not Royal Mail this time.

Now expected Monday or Tuesday and they will be on there way to customers  the same day they turn up.

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all,

My November issue of SAMI arrived safe and sound today, and am looking forward to the rest of them soon.

All the best, and thanks for doing your best to get these problems sorted out, I know it cannot be easy for you.

Ray

My December issue arrived today, thanks David @WarthogMKL.

Chris 

Edit 

I put everything into quarantine for a minimum of three days and have just checked it  and have got another November issue,  I hot my November issue at the beginning of Jan so had forgotten what it looked at and didn't look at the date before it went into quarantine. 

I can send it back  so you have one more to send out.  PM me the address details 

December issue printed on time but picked up later than planned looking like Saturday to Wed based on November issues delivery times. Some subscribers got that on the 12th Feb but copies in UK were still landing on 17th. Sadly we have no tracking this time on Decembers except for test samples going to our team across the country.

French subscribers started getting there's November's on the 18th. but no news from the rest of EU.

And for those waiting for the P-47 book they pre-ordered, they are printing next week expected to us in next 7-10 days, will know exactly when on Monday.

Hoping to have a more in depth update early next week taking us up to April. Now back to work.

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Thanks 1