Plastic Soldier Company 1/72 Loyd Carrier and 6 pdr. AT gun

These kits are just plain fun. I know they are made for the war-gaming crowd and the detail is not exacting, but they just fall together and look really good when complete. All I did with this one was add the exhausts to the carrier and separated the satchels as they came as a string of three. The figures are ok, not the best in this scale, but certainly adequate. My only problem was getting the carrier crew in place. It's very cramped and there may have been an amputation or two to get them in place. As is, I think the driver is going to need a lot of dental work after a few bumps. Anyhoo, here 'tis. 

PXL_20210126_143725856

PXL_20210126_143109326

PXL_20210126_143140469

PXL_20210126_143153283

PXL_20210126_143415961

PXL_20210126_143210328

PXL_20210126_143123151

• Like 25

Having just assembled 4 boxes of different allied sets from this manufacturer, not painted yet .I only hope i can make as a fine job as you have .They look brilliant. 

I had the same problem with the Universal carrier.  I glued the steering wheel in place on the front plate, then tried to bring the parts together with the driver in place.  No hope.  I removed the steering column, cut off the locating pin, placed the column between the the driver's. legs (with a little "encouragement") and chamfered the interior of the front from the bottom to thin it.  Nearly there - a small gap on each side was then filled with filler.  Non-one will know.  For my next one I'll also sand down the rear of the driver so that he sits nearer the rear wall.  To a 1/76 AFV modeller, these soldiers all seem overweight anyway.

I find these kits closer to "old days" modelling and more fun than the overly complex tiny multiple parts of modern kits.  They make a fine relaxation from more "serious" modelling.

• Like 1