Tamiya 1/35 M26 Pershing

Andy J

So armour build number 6 is completed and a nice kit from Tamiya that I thourghly enjoyed building. I kept the weathering down to a minimum on this one and I think it looks ok. Here's a few pic's of the finished buildย 

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

So I'm happy with the final results and now need to decide what's next. Thanks for looking back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 22

Blimey! you don't hang about Andy, it takes me that long to read through the instructions.

I think it's turned out really well. I like the way you break up the olive paintwork without going over the top with it.ย  I also like that style of a dusty appearance with the weathering. I'm glad you resisted the temptation of chipped paint work everywhere. The only thing I think I would add would be some gloss to the vision slits on the cupola, assuming they are glass of course.

Nice one.

ย 

Wayneย 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

Blimey! you don't hang about Andy, it takes me that long to read through the instructions.

I think it's turned out really well. I like the way you break up the olive paintwork without going over the top with it.ย  I also like that style of a dusty appearance with the weathering. I'm glad you resisted the temptation of chipped paint work everywhere. The only thing I think I would add would be some gloss to the vision slits on the cupola, assuming they are glass of course.

Nice one.

ย 

Wayneย 

Thanks Wayne and I will take your advice on the vision slits for future builds ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

20 minutes ago, swralph said:

Very nice build Andy.๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks a simple build but great fun i thourghly enjoyed myself ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Nice work, looks great! A joy to watchย ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas I appreciate your comment ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Just now, Stef N. said:

Nice job Andy. The paint and light touch weathering works really well. And I have a funny feeling you may be enjoying the AFV side of modelling.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

Loving every minute Stef.....A subject that interests me....loads of kits to buy....and a fantastic group of fellow armour modellers.....whats not to like...I'm in my happy place mate and long may it continue ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Much respect for your speed of progress and the end result doesn't seem rushed at all. You've broken up the monochrome very well and I must say, those spare tracks on the turret really look the part.๐Ÿ‘. Another great model,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spitfire 123 said:

Lovely build, the details are great ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Riley

Thanks Riley I appreciate your comment ๐Ÿ‘ย 

6 minutes ago, Ernst said:

Much respect for your speed of progress and the end result doesn't seem rushed at all. You've broken up the monochrome very well and I must say, those spare tracks on the turret really look the part.๐Ÿ‘. Another great model,

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thanks for the comment Ernst and I really didn't rush this build the kit is simple to build and the painting is not too difficult either ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Nice one Andy. The Pershing just says "tank" to me! I'm actually looking forward to starting on mine now. Checking my GB calendar and maybe I can squeeze it in late summer ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Like 1

Nice work Andy, great job with the paintwork, really knocking these things out!

ย 

Can I make a little suggestion?

ย 

Did you gloss coat prior toย decalling, only asking as the decals have slivered a little. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it. For me I'd paint, gloss, decal, seal and then weather butย that'sย me and as they say there's more than one way to skin a cat!

ย 

Now crack on I'm sure your stash is growing relentlessly!

ย 

Cheersย 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Nice work Andy, great job with the paintwork, really knocking these things out!

ย 

Can I make a little suggestion?

ย 

Did you gloss coat prior toย decalling, only asking as the decals have slivered a little. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it. For me I'd paint, gloss, decal, seal and then weather butย that'sย me and as they say there's more than one way to skin a cat!

ย 

Now crack on I'm sure your stash is growing relentlessly!

ย 

Cheersย 

I don't mind at all mate and you are correct regarding the decals something I will sort for the future thanks for the comment ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Nice one Andy. The Pershing just says "tank" to me! I'm actually looking forward to starting on mine now. Checking my GB calendar and maybe I can squeeze it in late summer ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Thanks Jeroen be sure to let me know when you start the Pershing ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

5 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I don't mind at all mate and you are correct regarding the decals something I will sort for the future thanks for the comment ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Cheers bud, don't like being critical ร nd wouldn't want to cause offence but if its something that can be done to improve future builds. ๐Ÿคž

• Like 1

Just now, Jasper dog said:

Cheers bud, don't like being critical ร nd wouldn't want to cause offence but if its something that can be done to improve future builds. ๐Ÿคž

Like I said Darryl I welcome any advice from anyone who views the build although I must admit I left the gloss coat on this one due to me being to lazy to apply it and it came back to bite me....lesson learnt methinks ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

13 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Nice job Andy, paintwork and weathering look brilliant, onto your next one!ย ย looking forward to seeing that mate, well done...

ย 

Ed

Thanks Ed I appreciate your comment and will post up the next one tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Very nice Pershing, Andy.ย  I see you didn't put on any tow cables on, have you must have run out of silver paint.ย ๐Ÿคฃย ๐Ÿคฃ

I agree with what Darryl has said, plus I would tie those box's on, It can get pretty bouncy when a tank gets going, that's the biggest mistake made by armour modellers, putting on stowage and items without securing it.ย :doh:ย Sometimes spare links were spot welded on, but more usually it was attached with wire, camo nets and personal gear that was needed daily would have been secured with rope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Very nice Pershing, Andy.ย  I see you didn't put on any tow cables on, have you must have run out of silver paint.ย ๐Ÿคฃย ๐Ÿคฃ

I agree with what Darryl has said, plus I would tie those box's on, It can get pretty bouncy when a tank gets going, that's the biggest mistake made by armour modellers, putting on stowage and items without securing it.ย :doh:ย Sometimes spare links were spot welded on, but more usually it was attached with wire, camo nets and personal gear that was needed daily would have been secured with rope.

Take a look at the rear bulkhead in the last pic.....the tow cable is present but my weathering makes it difficult to see ๐Ÿ˜‰. The boxes were tied on Bob but the crew are just about to unload them so the rope has been removed ๐Ÿ™‚. And these spare links are magnetic so don't require tying down.....I take your points Bob and will look to add them on future builds ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

2 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Take a look at the rear bulkhead in the last pic.....the tow cable is present but my weathering makes it difficult to see ๐Ÿ˜‰. The boxes were tied on Bob but the crew are just about to unload them so the rope has been removed ๐Ÿ™‚. And these spare links are magnetic so don't require tying down.....I take your points Bob and will look to add them on future builds ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Ahh yes I see it, well that ruins my joke.ย :winkgrin:ย  Not to worry, Andy, the learning curve never stops.ย :like:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Ahh yes I see it, well that ruins my joke.ย :winkgrin:ย  Not to worry, Andy, the learning curve never stops.ย :like:

All these missing details add up Bob and I'm still only 6 builds in to my armour career so I take the advice on board and move on ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘.....One day I'll build a kit that ticks all the boxes but for now I'm happy with my progress so far ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1