Flight Radar or similar

Lord Riot

Anyone expert in using FR24 or any other FREE (!) aircraft tracking apps? 

Sometimes I see RAF Hawks, Hercs and choppers on it, but never Typhoons, and if I scroll to other countries no military stuff at all.

I get the security aspect so maybe it’s not possible, which of course is fair enough. But if it is possible, how can I see things like German Tornadoes or Lakenheath F-15s on any of these apps?

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Oh, all the aircraft disappeared on freedar military, is there something I need to do in the Options?

I don’t know which one , but mostly it has to do with one of the buttons🙃 the adsb works perfectly on my phone..

cheers, Jan

24 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Another ADS-B Exchange user here. Most of the military stuff shows up, though a few times I’ve had Chinooks come over, shaking the windows and nothing was showing.

They do tend to leave their transponders off sometimes....that also happens when the RC-135’s and other intelligence aircraft fly to the Baltic’s for missions or with other aircraft that need to be under the radar from time to time ...

Or there is simply not enough coverage as this is provided by everyone that has a receiver box in the area ..

For flightradar you can apply for such a box but you need to have it online all the time..(the freebie is unlimited coverage for you).

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Freedar often hangs or crashes  so after switching on let it run  for awhile if a blank screen . Often as stated before transponders are switched off for security. I was tracking an AWACS into Waddington on the approach at 2,750 ft when it went off screen.

Edited by T-21