RF-4C 26th TRW Zweibruecken AB, Germany

Hi folks,

sneaking in late, my contribution shall be a RF-4C, 26th TRW, 38th TRS, Zweibruecken AB, Germany. They had deployed some jets (my intel tells me it were eight) to Incirlik AB, Turkey. 

Unable to get hold of Haseqgawa's RF-4C in 1/48 I picked an RF-4E JASDF that rested in my stash for quite some time. I am aware that some modifications have to be made and there is a beautiful thread here on BM how to convert a RF-4E to a RF-4C. Still, returning to the hobby after many years I consider myself a rookie and stand in awe of the job. At least the RF-4Cs were kept in pretty pristine conditions so my weak weathering skills wont't come to light. 😎 

Still awaiting delivery of the appropriate exhaust nozzles and some etch for the cockpit. SHG Phlashy Photo Phantoms decals are on stand-by.   

BTW: Exited to lose my GB-verginity...

IMG-3698.jpg 

Cheers

Stefan

Edited by Sierra Mike Sierra
  • Like 10

Welcome to the world of Group Builds Stefan, there's no leaving now!

A great choice of subject too, Phantoms are always popular and converting an RF-4E into an RF-4C will be an interesting project to follow, I would like to build one from Alconbury in the future but will be using the Italeri RF-4E as a basis as it has both types of recce nose in the kit (and I have one or two in the stash).

Good luck with your build.

• Thanks 1

Just a sign of life, I am not MIA, was pretty busy with work, tax etc....

Un-humped the wings, but I am not entirly happy yet, there are still some dents 😒  - Some progress on the tanks, though.

WIN-20210129-21-26-04-Pro.jpg 

WIN-20210201-21-36-43-Pro.jpg

Plan to catch up a bit over the next weekend.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...