1/80 IMAI Mole Thunderbirds Vehicle

Hi all, here is the final reveal for the TB Mole vehicle. I made the base from an old diecast model floor, and covered it in some cork. I found some styrene rock base from a submarine kit I had not used and covered the remainder of the area in body filler and dusted some Citadel dead grass over whilst it was still curing. Then I padded it down with some kitchen foil. This gave a convincing ground effect, I finished it off with a bit of shading and dry brushed the stones with AK dust effect enamel wash. Flory pigments were brush over the ground and lock in place with Hataka Matt clear. For the Mole I used some Molotow liquid for the screw which was 2k clear coated. AK Star ship filth wash gave the grime and dirt effects and dry brushed with Mr Color Super Metallic 201 silver. Overall I think it turned out pretty FAB.

Paints used
Tamiya
Mr Color
AK enamel washes
Flory pigments
Hataka matt clear

Thanks for looking and your comments in advance.

mPNX7O0.jpg
hKkc0MX.jpg
JNaWZKj.jpg
3bQSnkf.jpg
PgcPnEJ.jpg
8uWxuqv.jpg
YBjUs8I.jpg

• Like 26

Beautiful  brings back all the memories of Sunday afternoon in the mid 1960s, when the series was shown in uk ,before the goldenshot came next .Only in black and white then ,on a 14in tv ,looks a lot better in colour .Well done 👏 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Beautiful  brings back all the memories of Sunday afternoon in the mid 1960s, when the series was shown in uk ,before the goldenshot came next .Only in black and white then ,on a 14in tv ,looks a lot better in colour .Well done 👏 

Thanks,much appreciated.👍

• 6 months later...

Nice build from (IMO) a rubbish kit :)

I much prefer the Aoshima Mole kit which is slightly larger and better detailed, but you've done an excellent job on this one and I love the base!

• Thanks 1