Greetings from Norway

EirikB

Hello everybody, my name is Eirik and i live in Tromsø in the northern part of Norway.

I am re-entering this hobby after a 25 year break. I built a lot of planes in my youth, but now I want to step it up a notch or two and spending more attention to details, weathering etc. There are so much shared knowledge and inspiration on different forums and Youtube - so I cant wait to start up again. I have also purchased an airbrush kit, and I am spending evenings gathering some experience. I will share images of my projects as soon as I am up and running.

A good thing is that my 10 year old son is very interested in everything that flies, and he also wants to start building scale models - so this will be a father/son thing.

My first two builds will be a pair of Gloster Gladiators (1/48). The first will be a version from 263 sqn that served in Norway in april/may 1940 (Roden 401). The second will be a Norwegian version (Roden 438). I really like these planes and they made an important contribution in Norway during the early stages of WW2. The first build will be my personal little tribute to 263 sqn, their effort in the Norwegian campaign will not be forgotten.

Initially I will make models of planes that have some sort of local relevance. In my dreams I find the Hasegawa kit (00832) of the Lancaster B Mk.I w/Tallboy 'Tirpitz Raid'. It is sold out everywhere. Tirpitz was sunk just outside Tromsø where I live. Perhaps it can be a future custom conversion project - when my skills have improved... :)

Eirik Berger

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Eirik, and it's good to hear your son is interested too. For airbrush practice, try getting a cheap kit to use as a " practice mule". That way you get used to all the different angles a 'plane can present. And on a biplane, paint the top of the lower wing and the bottom of the upper wing before you glue the top wing in place. Much easier that way. Regards, Pete in RI

• Like 1