BVS Batwing from Moebius

Hi All

Has anyone built the Moebius Batwing? Is it worth the price tag? It's currently anywhere between £110 to £130. I think the RRP is £129. 

I have the Batmobile which cost me £33 and while the Batwing is a bigger kit I can't see where it warrants such a higher price. I'd understand if it was £60 or £70 maybe. 

I suppose a kit is worth what you're willing to pay for it, and while I'd love it in the stash I'm probably going to wait until find it on sale somewhere.

😁🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick4350 said:

I've seen a couple of builds on YouTube and it is a sizable model that's 17 inches long and up to 17 inches wide. It goes for $170 here in Australia. 

Hi mate

Yeah I know its quite big, and I've seen a few builds on here and it does look great. Just thought it was quite pricey when there's not much to it.

Thanks 

The box size is 11.5 X 7.75 X 4 inches and weighs about 1.6 kg. My Batmobile box size from the Batman/Superman movie is 9.5 X 6.5 X 5.5 inches and weighs in at 670 grams  It cost me $89 locally. The Batwing has lot more plastic as compared to the Batmobile, and would agree that it is too expensive for what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fletch, ive built the Batwing, it is a beast but your right the price tag is a bit on the high side, i didnt pay full price for mine as it was mis boxed and i had to source replacement parts from moebius and pay the postage, but i was still well shy of the asking price after all that.

The box has no spare room and is full of plastic, it can build into a number of poses, so you wish you had two, the fit is very good requiring very little filler.

Sadly its a question of if you want the kit, are you willing to pay the price for it. In the end i had to for Moebius's Proteus at the ton mark.

Keep scanning ebay you might just get lucky, i got the Batwing for £28 and the Batmobile (missing instructions) for £27

All the best Chris

2 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Hi Fletch, ive built the Batwing, it is a beast but your right the price tag is a bit on the high side, i didnt pay full price for mine as it was mis boxed and i had to source replacement parts from moebius and pay the postage, but i was still well shy of the asking price after all that.

The box has no spare room and is full of plastic, it can build into a number of poses, so you wish you had two, the fit is very good requiring very little filler.

Sadly its a question of if you want the kit, are you willing to pay the price for it. In the end i had to for Moebius's Proteus at the ton mark.

Keep scanning ebay you might just get lucky, i got the Batwing for £28 and the Batmobile (missing instructions) for £27

All the best Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the response. I have been keeping my eyes peeled on eBsy and other places. It's a big beast but looks great.

You're build is fantastic BTW 👏🏼.  Makes me want one even more!

Cheers man, take care

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've build this beast. Very big, and quite complex. Box is full of parts. Cockpit is well-detailed but some upgrades can be done. Steering stick is non existent. Seat is like from old Revell 1/32 kits. 

Plane can be build in few configurations - in normal flight, in hover and stored. Front gatling guns can be changed into 1/48 M61 from Master. I bought mine for 95$. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 12:42, Artoor_K said:

I've build this beast. Very big, and quite complex. Box is full of parts. Cockpit is well-detailed but some upgrades can be done. Steering stick is non existent. Seat is like from old Revell 1/32 kits. 

Plane can be build in few configurations - in normal flight, in hover and stored. Front gatling guns can be changed into 1/48 M61 from Master. I bought mine for 95$. 

spacer.png

Wow, that's really great. I think I remember seeing this if you've posted it before.

Great work, it does make me want one.....maybe one day! 

Thanks 👍🏼