Decals - Art creation & Production - Wanted*

JockMcPlock

Hello, 

I have been reading quite a few threads in the decal section however I still not much the wiser.

I have seen people offering out a free (basic) art creation service, people recommending various peoples work and a fair few going the DIY avenue, only to see plenty of complaint threads later about wrinkling, fading, peeling etc. This alone has told me not to even consider the DIY route.

What I am looking for is a sizable amount of decals for numerous aircraft in both 1/72 & 1/48, about 50-55 aircraft in total.

70% will be letters, numbers and roundels, the usual stuff, however I also need some complex nose-art images made from historic images of varied quality and clarity. 

I have no problem in paying for such a service if it can be completely achieved and produce unquestionable quality products.

Is there a reputable company or individual out there who can take on such a project?

Edited by JockMcPlock

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, JockMcPlock said:

Hello, 

I have been reading quite a few threads in the decal section however I still not much the wiser.

I have seen people offering out a free (basic) art creation service, people recommending various peoples work and a fair few going the DIY avenue, only to see plenty of complaint threads later about wrinkling, fading, peeling etc. This alone has told me not to even consider the DIY route.

What I am looking for is a sizable amount of decals for numerous aircraft in both 1/72 & 1/48, about 50-55 aircraft in total.

70% will be letters, numbers and roundels, the usual stuff, however I also need some complex nose-art images made from historic images of varied quality and clarity. 

I have no problem in paying for such a service if it can be completely achieved and produce unquestionable quality products.

Is there a reputable company or individual out there who can take on such a project?

I've done similar jobs, but not for free like Timmas. I've experienced many times that modellers want to pay the average price of an aftermarket sheet for a set of custom decals. That is not realistic. Producing the artwork is generally labourious, the printing is relative easy & quick.

Here's one example of the drawing work, where I aligned a good photo 'under' a line drawing, and started work on the various markings of the aircraft.

spacer.png

A completely different example is this Indycar decal set, of which I've done 14 I think.

spacer.png

More here: https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/forsale.htm

If you want to discuss your plans some more, please mail me at robdebie xs4all nl (fill in the blanks)

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie