W+N Galeria Matt varnish okay over Humbrol enamels?

S-boat 55

7 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Yes, I've used it over enamels many times. As a 'security blanket' I'd add the caveat - as long as the enamel has fully cured i.e at least 24 hours after painting.

Cheers,

Stew

Okay thanks, given how long it takes me to build that shouldn't be a problem lol 

As above, I have had no problem using W&N Galeria Matt & Satin varnish over a number of paint types including enamels, Humbrol amongst them, but I make sure that they are well cured before doing so.

Also I ensure the W&N get at least 24 hours to cure before going near it.

7 hours ago, murfv said:

As above, I have had no problem using W&N Galeria Matt & Satin varnish over a number of paint types including enamels, Humbrol amongst them, but I make sure that they are well cured before doing so.

Also I ensure the W&N get at least 24 hours to cure before going near it.

Thanks for the replies both, last question I should have said I'd be using with a brush, any tips tricks with applying it or is it generally idiot proof?

15 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Thanks for the replies both, last question I should have said I'd be using with a brush, any tips tricks with applying it or is it generally idiot proof?

I have never had occasion to brush it on but it is pretty foolproof for airbrushing. I would suggest to try it out on a test subject before you commit it to your latest masterpiece and to go with light, thin coats.

• Thanks 1

I've brushed it on over brushed on enamel no problem.  My build speed is slow enough for the curing!  Just make sure you keep the Galleria well stirred .

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, murfv said:

I have never had occasion to brush it on but it is pretty foolproof for airbrushing. I would suggest to try it out on a test subject before you commit it to your latest masterpiece and to go with light, thin coats.

Do you thin it at all and if so what with? What do you clean the A/B out with afterwards? I have had some in my stash for ages but have never known what to do with it.

Duncan B

4 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Do you thin it at all and if so what with? What do you clean the A/B out with afterwards? I have had some in my stash for ages but have never known what to do with it.

Duncan B

When I airbrush Galleria it's exactly the same way as with Tamiya: 50/50 with windscreen washer then run through with more of the same.  Occasional full clean up of the A/B with Meths.

This is two coats of Galleria - Matt as you like and those decals had had me worried after the gloss coat!

50866444287_110b825380_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1