EH 101 PP7

Head in the clouds.

57 minutes ago, Julien said:

Best we can do is PP3

Thanks Julien.

I will have a look but it would be nice to see PP7 just so I have concrete evidence to work from. I know that the window configuration varied somewhat, I have a choice of two, PP7 and G17-510, both of which did interesting test and development work. I have pics of G17-510 but only one of PP7 showing the port side. It is a starboard pic I am missing.

6 hours ago, Jens said:

Is this it?

Thats still I-LIOI but as it turns out JagRigger has come up trumps, it turns out they are both the same after all.

Thanks Jens.

Thanks JagRigger, it has just come to me after looking at your pic that I did not use the UK military serial for a search....doh!

• Like 1

https://www.helis.com/database/cn/1193/

Helis.com suggests is was registered as I-RAIC,I-HIOI,I-RAIA and ZK101. It was definitely on the UK register as ZK101 - I don't know if (or why) it would have been given 3 Italian registrations.

I-RAIC is a 189 prototype, I-RAIA seems to have been worn by an SF-260, FN-333 and a P166. I assume Italian registrations can be re-used (unlike UK registrations).

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

https://www.helis.com/database/cn/1193/

Helis.com suggests is was registered as I-RAIC,I-HIOI,I-RAIA and ZK101. It was definitely on the UK register as ZK101 - I don't know if (or why) it would have been given 3 Italian registrations.

I-RAIC is a 189 prototype, I-RAIA seems to have been worn by an SF-260, FN-333 and a P166. I assume Italian registrations can be re-used (unlike UK registrations).

They could be test registrations; Airbus, for example, have used several registrations a number of times each, particularly amongst A320 family jets on production test flying activities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1