Zvezda Be-200 Altair

38 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Great work! What is this kit like to build?

Very nice. Like the Herc, Zvezda's progress really shows in these new kits. However, as it is pretty small scale, it was very hard to mask all the windows, especially the round bubble ones in the front. I usually don't build in 144, but this is one of my favorite aircraft, so i just had to build one, even if it was in the wrong scale :) I wish Zvezda would come out with 72 scale one... And A-40 in 1/72... I can only dream... :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daneel said:

Very nice. Like the Herc, Zvezda's progress really shows in these new kits. However, as it is pretty small scale, it was very hard to mask all the windows, especially the round bubble ones in the front. I usually don't build in 144, but this is one of my favorite aircraft, so i just had to build one, even if it was in the wrong scale :) I wish Zvezda would come out with 72 scale one... And A-40 in 1/72... I can only dream... :)

I generally don't build in 1/144 and tend to do little in 1/72, but as for small windows, I generally apply a bit of tape over the inside of the windows, paint the paint black thru the window opening, and then apply Testors Window Make or the equivalent to create the window affect. Mind you, the black is painted in the windows after the model has been painted overall, the black paint and Window Maker being finishing touches, along with decals, etc. For round bubble type windows, I use liquid mask, with some I buy at the hobby shop or some I make at home with white glue, some food coloring and a bit of dish soap. It works remarkably well, actually.

6 hours ago, daneel said:

I wish Zvezda would come out with 72 scale one.

Amodel do it in 1/72 scale.........

spacer.png

spacer.png

The fuselage fuselage and wings are in fibreglass - there are a few fit issuse - but the build is not too difficult.... 

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_be-200.html

I agree with your wish for an A-40 though - that would be nice !

Great model in 1/144 scale Daneel.:thumbsup:

Ken

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Amodel do it in 1/72 scale.........

The fuselage fuselage and wings are in fibreglass - there are a few fit issuse - but the build is not too difficult.... 

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_be-200.html

I agree with your wish for an A-40 though - that would be nice !

Great model in 1/144 scale Daneel.:thumbsup:

Ken

Thanks Ken, it really means a lot coming from you, as I've been admiring your work for quite some time :)

Yeah, I know Amodel does one, but at 170 bucks a pop, I'll wait for an IM one, or until I win the lottery, whichever comes first 🤣🤣