EA-6B Prowler, Hasegawa, 1/72

Hi, the first model completed in 2021. A well-known Prowler kit from Hasegawa. Old model, but easy to build.

Main camouflage painted with Gunze and TAmiya paints. Moreover, AK RK, AK Xtreme meal, details painted with Vallejo paints.

I added Aires ejection seat, the decals are Microscale.

spacer.png

spacer.png

v0Q47tD.jpg

7wXREVw.jpg

99C9sSC.jpg

xgMWNyG.jpg

d65mlGz.jpg

m98wEGb.jpg

• Like 33

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

What's going on with the front canopy, it look like it's in two parts?

Hasegawa made the front canopy from two parts. The problem was that when you tried to glue them together, the canopy did not match the rest. In fact, the problem was very easy to fix, but the model was made for the client and the client wanted the canopy to be stuck like that..

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

That 1/72 scale cockpit is excellent!

3 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

the cockpit stands out of particular interest

I have to say that the cockpit was the biggest problem because it is very poor in details - especially the display (only decals). I managed to bring out small imitations of buttons using a dry brush, but I also managed to get a few Eduard photo etched parts,that diversified the cockpit.

• Like 1

@twinpin, I always have a problem with light gull gray. The dedicated color of Gunze H315 is a bit too bright for me. Same with FS16440 from AK RC. After a few tries, I put the Tamiya XF-20 color first, and then the heavily diluted Tamiya XF-80 color. I also saw a few times that the color of Gunze H325 is quite interesting.

I find it quite convincing and looking at the period photos the color is quite well reproduced. I think that in the future, for the same painting of USAF planes, I will use these colors.