Indian Su-7BMK weapons

RidgeRunner

Hi all, 

Does anyone out there know the typical weapons used on the Indian Su-7BMKs, please? Did they use Russian/Soviet bombs and rocket pods etc or indigenous?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

@tomthounaojam @Basuroy @HOUSTON @Linescriber @Stilwell @Gondor44 

I've just had a quick scan through my copy of the Famous Russian Aircraft Fitter volume - most pictures of Indian Su-7's show UB-16-57 rocket pods outboard and the ubiquitous PTB-600 fuel tanks.

The accompanying text also mentions 900 liter fuel tanks (PTB-900's), as well as FAB-500M62 and locally produced 1000 lb bombs. 

HTH!,

Andre

Thanks Andre @Hook. Yes, I have that book. I was really wondering about any Indigenous weapons, I guess. I might just go with the UB-16s and, of course, the centreline tanks :).

Much appreciated!

Martin

To follow up on Hook's post regarding the FAB-500: http://www.libma.ru/transport_i_aviacija/aviacija_i_kosmonavtika_2008_01/pic_69.jpg

(from this site: http://www.libma.ru/transport_i_aviacija/aviacija_i_kosmonavtika_2008_01/p7.php)

Some RATO bottles might add an interesting touch:

0_1b12f0_804d18bf_XL.jpg

And, there's always the good ol' gun:

1390737591_zaryadkavvs-indii.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blimpyboy said:

Thanks again for that, mate. I reckon I'll invest in some FAB-500 M62s. I have some FAB-250s which might work on the outer pylon. I also have a few UB-16s....

Martin

• Like 1