KINETIC F-104G Starfighter, 25th Anniversary of JaboG 34, 1:48

2 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

@CJP Thank you for your kind words, when i saw the decals at ebay ,the idea was born for this one, its an exception, the next one get a normal camouflage scheme again.

That's great - look forward to see your F104G in standard camo

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:11 PM, Harry Callahan said:

Yes at first i was doubting about the thickness of the loop handles, now i dont like to replace it, ist too fiddly, the next 104 will get thin wires.

Hence I went for the C2 seat! 😉

Kidding, the parts for the early seat are incomplete in the kit. For this you really need aftermarket, like the Löök. Non only the dashboard is included, but the belts and nets, which are necessary. 

But I wouldn't change the handles either at this point, I think the original part is ok-ish, if not perfect. But hey...

Did I already mention this is a great build of yours?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

I didn't know the kit is incomplete, first time i heard it. In the www one can hear only good things about this kit.

So, i will build only late versions hehehe.

The plastic parts for the early seats are there, but not included in the instructions. It is specified as an option, though, on the box.

But! I contacted them via Facebook and they almost immediately reacted, sending me a picture from the Taiwan instructions. That's what I call service!

Nevertheless, what's extremely prominent on the early seat is the "fishnet", which of course is not included.

And yes, the kit is just great, the quality of instructions are discussed in the beehive as well. Tbh; I could live with it. And there is so much information out there(think "Daco") that you should get to do the kit justice, that it could only serve as the very basic, that it is.

• Thanks 1

Hi britmodellers

Sorry for the small gap in my construction report, but I went to the dentist and he pulled a tooth from me, after which I didn't feel like building a model. I call it now complete, done, finished, whatever.

I am happy with the result, but if you have constructive critism, its no problem for me. Feel free.

More pics in the RFI thread.

20210227_1553312ak66.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 year later...