spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

First completion of the year is in the books!

This model was actually started in the spring of 2020 but it was relegated to the Shelf of Doom until I pulled it out after the start of the New Year and finished building it. It's almost all OOB save for the Masterclub tracks and Aber metal barrel. It was a fun build that allowed me to try some new techniques. Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Cracking job. The painting and the weathering are first class. I take it that the headlamp brush guards are PE. Is that included in the kit? Those periscope brush guards look commendably thin as well. Nice one.

John.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Cracking job. The painting and the weathering are first class. I take it that the headlamp brush guards are PE. Is that included in the kit? Those periscope brush guards look commendably thin as well. Nice one.

John.

Seconded! A joy to watch 👍

Vytautas

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

John.

Thanks!

Yes, the headlamp brush guards are PE and are included on the quite extensive PE fret included with the kit.

• Thanks 1

That's really nicely done.  Track colour is something of a hobby horse with me, as others may know.  But I think you've nailed it absolutely here!  Frankly, most realistic M4 track colour I've ever seen on a model.  The tool stowage is excellent too.

A couple of little things if I may.  You could add the missing red-painted T pull handles for the fire extinguishers in the little hood front left of the engine deck.  A little splash of colour.  Also, M4A4s were never factory-fitted with the periscope protectors and it was not a field mod kit.  At least some of the 1,600-odd refurbished A4s from the US Desert Training Centre did get them, but they also all received the full applique plate package. 

• Like 2

On 1/24/2021 at 9:05 AM, Das Abteilung said:

That's really nicely done.  Track colour is something of a hobby horse with me, as others may know.  But I think you've nailed it absolutely here!  Frankly, most realistic M4 track colour I've ever seen on a model.  The tool stowage is excellent too.

A couple of little things if I may.  You could add the missing red-painted T pull handles for the fire extinguishers in the little hood front left of the engine deck.  A little splash of colour.  Also, M4A4s were never factory-fitted with the periscope protectors and it was not a field mod kit.  At least some of the 1,600-odd refurbished A4s from the US Desert Training Centre did get them, but they also all received the full applique plate package. 

Thanks mate.

I pretty much followed Mike Rinaldi’s example in his TankArt 2 book in regards to the tracks.