Meng 1/72 Convair F-102A Delta Dagger

Evening all,

Bringing my Century Series theme to the halfway point is the excellent Meng 1/72 F-102A. A superb kit with good details and great fit on the whole. I replaced the seat with a resin example seat from Pavla, while the markings come from an Xtradecal sheet, although I elected to paint the fin rather than use the decals provided. Paints as always are Hataka Orange Line for the main colours and Alclad for the metals, final coat is a light coat of W&N Galeria Matt for a satin sheen.

50867936442_945be8d1c2_o.jpgMeng 1/72 Convair F-102A Delta Dagger by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50867936377_a37dd48022_o.jpgMeng 1/72 Convair F-102A Delta Dagger by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50867116538_3c5cdc72ed_o.jpgMeng 1/72 Convair F-102A Delta Dagger by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50867116508_52a3482a3a_o.jpgMeng 1/72 Convair F-102A Delta Dagger by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50867837171_27febe6814_o.jpgMeng 1/72 Convair F-102A Delta Dagger by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Shaun

• Like 61

I like that you built the model with weapons bays closed. Capitalizes on the airplanes sleek profile. Does the closed weapons bay doors come as a single piece, like the 1/48 Monogram F-102 has? Yours is a very nice build. Sure do wish Meng made that kit in 1/48 scale as the Monogram kit shows its age.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I like that you built the model with weapons bays closed. Capitalizes on the airplanes sleek profile. Does the closed weapons bay doors come as a single piece, like the 1/48 Monogram F-102 has? Yours is a very nice build. Sure do wish Meng made that kit in 1/48 scale as the Monogram kit shows its age.

Thanks all, much appreciated 😊

Yes, the closed bay comes as a single piece. Had the interior of the bay been more detailed I'd have opened it up, but you're right, this gives a better impression of the lines of the jet. The F-106 will be opened when I get to it though.

Thanks again, 

Shaun

This F-102 looks impressive since you did a superb paint job. 👍 The Meng Kit is indeed ages apart form the Hasegawa which is impossible to build with a closed weapons bay as long as you do not buy any aftermarket enhancements.

• Like 1