Grant Mk. II

Another one of Miniart’s excellent Grant kits that I recently finished up. This is a non-interior kit, but is heads and shoulders above the other manufacturers’ Grant kits out there. Highly recommended.  

I finished this one in the desert pink and charcoal grey scheme for late 1942/early 1943. Masterclub tracks were added, which are extremely well done, although the kit tracks, while a little more time consuming, are also quite good.

Grant Mk.II Grant Mk.II Grant Mk.II Grant Mk.II 50793096983_d1de18dff8_b.jpg

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 2

That's turned out very nicely indeed and is more inspiration for when I get round to building mine. Do you think the Masterclub tracks are much of an improvement over the kit ones? They certainly look good on yours.

Wayne

• Like 1

6 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

That's turned out very nicely indeed and is more inspiration for when I get round to building mine. Do you think the Masterclub tracks are much of an improvement over the kit ones? They certainly look good on yours.

Wayne

They saved a few hours in cleanup, assembly and painting and are the best Sherman-type tracks out there I think.

The kit tracks are excellent though.  Here is a set of the kit tracks I built on the Miniart Grant Mk.I:

50868040773_6707634fab_b.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, f matthews said:

Another one of Miniart’s excellent Grant kits that I recently finished up. This is a non-interior kit, but is heads and shoulders above the other manufacturers’ Grant kits out there. Highly recommended.  

I finished this one in the desert pink and charcoal grey scheme for late 1942/early 1943. Masterclub tracks were added, which are extremely well done, although the kit tracks, while a little more time consuming, are also quite good.

Grant Mk.II Grant Mk.II Grant Mk.II Grant Mk.II 50793096983_d1de18dff8_b.jpg

Not only the model but also the base is very well done 👍
That brings atmosphere!

MD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent job, and convincing weathering. Can I ask, where do you get your nameplates from?

John.

There are several vendors on eBay that make them.  I used a local trophy shop for years, but they went out of business so I started using the online vendors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking what my next build would be, i think you have answered that question for me .You have turned out a fine model, well done 👏 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Great looking tank. I have a very specific question as I'm mid-build. How did you manage to get the PE storage part in front of the hull mounted gun to fit under the 'blast bag', which, at least on my model (MiniArt Grant Mk II), seems a fault in the fit of the model/instructions? 

• Like 1

What a lovely finish .... weathering is great and not too much.  The base is brilliant - simple yet effective.   I like the plaque and frame too as it adds that final touch. 

Keith  😁

• Like 1