Su-27UB 'Flanker-C' (GWH 1:48)

InFlames

I haven't posted anything in this section for a while but I've decided that this is about to change.

Brand new GWH kit of the Su-27UB in 1:48 and from my initial inspection, I am quite certain you can make it into outstanding looking model without use of any aftermarket products.

Progress is slow as I have a bunch of exams at work in the near future and parenting and other hobbies take a toll, but still, I am gaining momentum with this build nevertheless.

First completed piece is front gear well - I am doing an early version of the UB so I've chosen the open bay with all the piping and structure visible but GWH provides a closed well for later versions as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

On 1/23/2021 at 3:59 PM, B_Bogus said:

Following with great interest - One arrived at Christmas thanks to my Good Lady.

The Foxbot Ukrainian digital camo decals await...

Thank you! You will definitely enjoy it!

I've got a bunch of learning to do for my upcoming ATC exams so not much time for modelling, unfortunately. I managed to finish the main wheel wells though.

su27wip-5-XL.jpg

su27wip-4-XL.jpg

• Like 3

During studying for the exams, (this old head of mine doesn't suck knowledge in as it used to and has to be constantly beat into submission :D) I managed to do a few relaxation modelling sessions and here's the result so far.

su27wip-6-XL.jpg

Aft cockpit mostly painted up.

su27wip-7-XL.jpg

Front cockpit painted and washed.

su27wip-8-XL.jpg

And side by side comparison.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Real life is interfering with my modelling so I am not progressing as fast as I would like to. Luckily, the kit is not fighting me back and here she is - for the first time the plastic pieces joined into a beautiful Flanker shape.

su27wip-16-XL.jpg

su27wip-17-XL.jpg

su27wip-18-XL.jpg

• Like 2