Lynx HMA8 1/32 build in progress

Drew65

So since being made redundant last year, I spent some of my money on something I had intended to to do for many years , just not had the space to do it in.

So this is my first ever in depth build to the technical level I have always wanted to do. its the Revell HMA8 Lynx in 1/32. I am using Eduard PE kits and eventually it will be folded version on a deck.

feel free to constructively critique as I love to learn new ways of doing things

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 9

Great start to your build. If you go tot he Pinner items, there is a mine of Lynx reference form a couple of GB's from previous years.

You are going to if you haven't already purchased, need lots of rivets!!!

Colin

• Like 1

latest iteration completed.

This is now with the EW equipment fitted. The cables and plugs were bloomin annoying and had to walk away for a few minutes but eventually got them stuck.

Next to start will be rear cabin internals.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Latest Part to the build

Rear cabin

The seats were easy, and using the eduard PE kit fixed the seat belts. I was not overly impressed with the mounting of these just in thin air and they are the wrong colour. They were never grey they were either black or orange but it is what it is!

I scratch built the MS5 5 man life raft on the stbd side seat. and weathered the flooring up. The floors used to range from "slippery silver" to "filthy dirty black  sandy gritty non slip paint that takes skin from your flailing extremities "

I've decided I dont want the inflatable 4 man seat in the cabin. the kit gives a pristine out of factory version. in my experience they used to deflate a LOT, and take on a saggy old bagpuss look. it used to make the sides fold in and the kit also doesn't have the blue seat patches. My attempt to weather it and paint the seat colours looked awful and overall it looked too new and half bottomed.

spacer.png

• Like 7