AH-64Z "Cochiti" 1/48

Artoor_K

Hello!

Right after finishing (this night I removed masking tape from cockpit glass).
AH-64 "Cochiti" is a compound version of Apache. I based it on real compound Apache AH-64Z which is tested by Boeing.
Engines, wings and vertical are from 1/72 Su-25, tail pusher prop is from 1/72 Orion, main landing gear is from 1/48 Su-25. Rest is from 1/48 Apache, with some parts from spare box.
Main rotor blades were shortened. Decals from Apache were awful so I've used spares from A-10 and Tornado.
Painted as usual, with Tamiya, Mr.Hobby and AK paints.

vYyJpod.jpg
HRyR8ja.jpg
QPHfKNS.jpg
V6nAgZO.jpg
nzw6kMj.jpg
QyK2bJh.jpg
LUVqXQ7.jpg
76IFRmX.jpg

• Like 11

Thats an interesting idea and I have given you a like for the creativity shown. However I’ll be honest and please don't think I’m trying to be rude here as this is meant as a compliment. I never thought anyone could make an Apache uglier than it already was. Now that being said, I have always lived by the mantra “the uglier it is the better it does its job.” Congratulations you win for ugliest helicopter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats an interesting idea and I have given you a like for the creativity shown. However I’ll be honest and please don't think I’m trying to be rude here as this is meant as a compliment. I never thought anyone could make an Apache uglier than it already was. Now that being said, I have always lived by the mantra “the uglier it is the better it does its job.” Congratulations you win for ugliest helicopter.

As we all know "Helicopters can't fly; they're just so loud and ugly that the earth repels them" :) Thank you very much and, yeah, it's ugly :D 

PS:

I really curious what you'll think about CobraHind :)

SqoOaiu.jpg

LPVI2QP.jpg

• Like 2