What's your avatar?

TonyOD

Well, to state the stunningly obvious, my avatar is a picture of the two Dandie Dinmont terriers which currently rule the roost at home. This also explains my forum name. Fun fact to astound your friends with: Dandie Dinmont was originally a character in a Walter Scott novel making the Dandie Dinmont the only dog breed to be named after a literary character. Well, maybe not astound...

Craig. 

• Like 6

Mine is my Yorkie, Cherry, sadly passed away at 17 years old

Well it was and now its gone

Redone

Edited by cherry268
Put right
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:00 PM, jenko said:

Mine is of a male cheetah (one of 3 brothers) who hunted together in Lewa National Park Kenya. I was 10 feet away when i took the photo.

I don't know if it's the same ones i saw in a docu but it was fascinating to see how they slowly developed into hunting as one instead of individually,at one point when it first started two actually ran into each other when they were chasing something...

47 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I don't know if it's the same ones i saw in a docu but it was fascinating to see how they slowly developed into hunting as one instead of individually,at one point when it first started two actually ran into each other when they were chasing something...

More than probable. 3 males together is sooooo unusual. Lewa is one of the places they use for documentaries, like Governor's Camp that the Big Cat Diary used.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Mine's of the most beautiful aeroplane ever to fly that wasn't a Spitfire. 

...or an Amiot 143 😉

• Haha 2

My forum name is as a result of being a fan of a certain sci-fi program, and my middle name...

My current forum picture (which I do change every so often) is the memorial in the Commonwealth War Cemetery in Bayeux. Being an ex service man (ex RAF) every so often I change my forum picture around remembrance day to honour those that have given their lives to allow us the freedoms that we enjoy today. And also to those men and women of todays armed forces giving their all in the service of their country where ever they are, honouring that tradition of service.

• Like 8

My avatar isn't really an avatar as it's a picture of me in the 'office', taken a few years ago at the north end of Bressay, Shetland. The name seemed obvious and was chosen before I realised there was another Jon, who signs off as 'Jonners', on the forum!

Jon

• Like 3

My Father was a radio operator in a Lancaster hence my avatar. I have a Lanc waiting to build in his memory, but from his RAF records his first posting to an airfield that flew Lancasters was RAF Waterbeach and I'm not sure if they were MK1 or MK2. Still digging.

• Like 5

I change mine every so often, I think this is my fourth since I joined BM. It's Jean Bart from a mobile game called Azur Lane which is incredibly silly but quite fun to play!

Her in game form:

spacer.png

Her base art - that glare is very French, IMHO!

spacer.png

Mike.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

I recognize that from a horror film but can't remember which one....

Chucky.

Bride of ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is an interesting thread, tanks for starting it @TonyOD !! 

My forum name "desert falcon" was du to the fact that I lived in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, when I joined BM about 1 1/2 years ago and I wanted my name to have desert in it. As I'm a big fan of F-16's and the UAE has nicked named their F-16E/F Block 60 aircrafts "Desert Falcon", this seemed right for my forum name as well.

Until recently I had the UAE Air Force roundel in low vis in my avatar, but since it became a bit boring and as I'm no longer living in the UAE, I have today changed it with a picture of my classic car. For those interested in classic cars, it's a Fiat 500 from 1969 (which make her 3 years younger than her owner), however modified into a Giannini 590GT replica. Giannini was a Rome based car tuner back in the days ... 

Photo credit goes out to these guys here, where you can also see more of the car 😎 

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Thanks 1

Ooh, that's a good one @desert falcon!

Back in the late eighties I spent a year studying in Florence. An American friend and I went halves on a 500, we paid hardly any money for it but we had great fun with our little "Topolino". When we both left the country we just, er, abandoned it with the keys in the ignition... good times...

As for the UAE AF, I used to go to Dubai three of four times a year on business, I remember sitting on an Emirates plane waiting to take off at DXB, watching a UAE jet being put through its paces over the runway. Don't know what it was but it was spectacular, and very noisy. How long were you in Dubai?

• Thanks 1