What's your avatar?

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Mine's fairly obvious I suppose, I'm a fan of a certain French kit manufacturer whose name begins with "H".

Mine's equally obvious -- a huge fan of classic Warner Bros. Animation.

(And Elmer imagining himself as Siegfried just sort of suits my personality!)

• Like 3

This is little Sushi. He was our little mixed breed puppers. We had him from 3 months after his birth, in July 2001 until his passing on Boxing Day, 2016.

36847933441_7b481e50d3_o.jpg

Chris

• Like 11

Me., in a photo taken by a local community paper reporter doing a piece on hobbies. Probably about 12 years ago. I'm just older & grumpier now. :)

Steve.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
6 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I'm just older & grumpier now

You're not on your own, there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Mine is Gus (Gustav) my best mate who we lost 8 years ago 😭

As for my nomenclature, well  I'm actually a very honest law abiding person....honest guv!

it's just the title of a song by the late, great Rory Gallagher, sounded a bit more macho than Daughter of the Everglades or Moonchild, could have used Shinkicker I suppose, bit aggressive tho :)   

• Like 8

Mine is a blindingly obvious representation of my username.

That came about when I was trying to find a unique name for a forum 20 some years ago. Being in Central Scotland at the time both my names (Andrew Campbell) and my initials were already well used. When I looked up, a Hasegawa MiG-25 box was the first thing I saw so I've been some variation on Foxbat everywhere online ever since.

Even had a sign for the House at one time, Foxbat Towers 😄

Andy

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Foxbat Towers

That's top-level house signage, to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My avatar is a snippet of the famous British actor Martin Robert Shaw who plays Rabbit Leader’ in the 1969 BoB movie... or, as I like to call it ‘my better side’!! 

There are some things you don’t change in life... your Footy team and your BM Avatar. 

Cheers.. Dave 

edit - Martin / Robert... its too early on a Saturday morning  down here! 

• Haha 4
16 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

My avatar is a snippet of the famous British actor Martin Shaw who plays Rabbit Leader’ in the 1969 BoB movie... or, as I like to call it ‘my better side’!! 

There are some things you don’t change in life... your Footy team and your BM Avatar. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Martin Shaw?....you shaw?? 😄

Bodies 12 O'clock high🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My avatar is a picture of me with my bow, full draw - but NO arrow.  Did I ever say that I was a First Class Archer and Level 1 coach until 2016.

Got to say, my son didn't like being in front of the bow to take that photo.

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

Bodies 12 O'clock high🤪

I wasn't going to say anything....

(...But you're still gon'na need a bigger boat!)

• Like 2

I dislike online anonymity so mine is one of the few pics of me that I like reminding me of happy days as a photographer for yachting magazines. The name - simply my initials

Cheers

Colin

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sinnerboy said:

Bodies 12 O'clock high🤪

mmm. Got me thinking now. I’m sure that image came up from a Robert Shaw BoB google search. I’ll have to investigate that. 

edit - Martin should read Robert ! 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

mmm. Got me thinking now. I’m sure that image came up from a Robert Shaw BoB google search. I’ll have to investigate that. 

you've lost me mate, it would come up in a Robert Shaw search cos it is Robert Shaw, not Martin Shaw who was in the Professionals as Doyle, hence the reference to Bodie. 😃

• Like 2

Mine is of a male cheetah (one of 3 brothers) who hunted together in Lewa National Park Kenya. I was 10 feet away when i took the photo.

Dick

That was one hell of a holiday !!!!

And Jenko ....my nick name the kids gave me when I was teaching (my surname is Jenkinson)

Edited by jenko
  • Like 4

Like Colin, I dislike internet anonymity, so the name's obvious. The photo is me on a launch day at Complex 17, Cape Canaveral: we had just closed out the spacecraft, the fairing access door and rolled back the big red service tower on the left. An hour or two for the VIPs and workers to take pictures, then get ready for an early evening launch.

• Like 2

My avatar is of my favorite tank of WWII, Panther V, the name, what I prefer to build. :)

And if you want to find me on other forums :)

My name on tapatalk forums  Panther Ausf.G now Mark.O

Edited by German Armour
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

Martin Shaw who was in the Professionals as Doyle, hence the reference to Bodie. 😃

"Bodie! Get oot ae that Capri, noo!"

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

you've lost me mate, it would come up in a Robert Shaw search cos it is Robert Shaw, not Martin Shaw who was in the Professionals as Doyle, hence the reference to Bodie. 😃

OK - Corrections made... it's a little too early on a Saturday morning for me? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 2

Mine is just a picture of myself, taken while I was safety boat driver for the sailing club I was a member of. Picture is now 12 year old but I haven't changed much. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Good little topic this one!

Mine is because I fence (or at least I did until lockdown) as a sport - fencing is divided into three different blades - foil, epee and sabre.  My blade of choice is epee - hence my forum name 'Epeeman'.

Regards

Dave

Small world 😉

I fenced at school, mostly foil, and my moment of glory was being (foil)  runner up in the Welsh Schoolboys championship in 1968.

As my mother said, better 2nd than last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine is part of the Who's famous Maximum R n B poster from 1964, just before they got famous; because I'm a Who fan.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Mine is part of the Who's famous Maximum R n B poster from 1964, just before they got famous; because I'm a Who fan.

Who isn't?

Chris

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Who isn't?

Chris

I’m not. Not because I don’t like them exactly, just that I’m strangely ignorant of their work given my liking for rock music if the 60s and 70s. I must remedy this situation.