What's your avatar?

I'm sure this must have been asked before at some point in BM's 14 year history, but I was just curious about people's choices of picture for their avatar?

Mine's fairly obvious I suppose, I'm a fan of a certain French kit manufacturer whose name begins with "H".

That's me. Well, the top half of my head, at least. On some forums, I’ve inverted the image to better suit my level of insanity. :frantic:

• Like 6

Mine is my favorite U-Boat.

U - 217, a type VII  D minelayer.

It's also one of the few models that came out perfect the first time !! 

Oopps!!  I guess I used the sub on another forum....

My avatar is just me at my bench.

Edited by Little Timmy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mine was partly because of my Grandson's love of the Minions, but what sold it for me was when I found this one on the internet. A Minion wearing a Royal Signals beret. 'Nuf said.

John.

PS. I'd be more interested in the origins of the names!!

• Like 5

A Minion Knight, just for fun for my BM name

afair there was a thread, a very long one, where BMers explained their chosen name

• Like 3

Mines the formation badge of the 49th West Riding Div - The Polar Bears from WWII. Reason for choosing it is i live in the West Riding of Yorkshire! 

As for my forum name, well that speaks for itself really cos my fingers are fat! 

@Bullbasket do tell how you chose your name? 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

Minions seem to be a popular choice!

17 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

PS. I'd be more interested in the origins of the names!!

Mines not that imaginative. My name's Tony O'Donnell.

Just now, fatfingers said:

the West Riding of Yorkshire! 

The best bit. Everyone know that.

• Like 2

Nostalgia. Harking back to air shows when you could see formations of Lightnings, Hunters and other squadron types doing formation aerobatics and not just solo displays.   I can’t recall when I took that photo though but would have been at Leuchars or Prestwick shows back in the day. Early 1970’s maybe late 60’s. 

The name is sadly and unimaginatively obvious 

• Like 3

My avatar is a shot of the F-14A preserved on the USS Hornet museum that I took myself . It's just a nice picture that i took.

My forum name is just well,  my name.

• Like 2
Just now, Stephen said:

It's just a nice picture that i took.

It is too.

• Thanks 1

Mine shows Clint Eastwood. Im a huge fan of him, especially in his role as Harry Callahan in ,, Dirty Harry,,. Im sure i have watched those series 8or 9 times in my life.

• Like 7

Mine is our two boys who have left us now. Billy is/was the cute and mischievous fellow on the left and the handsome fellow on the right is/was 54, his twin brother and partner in crime. They, along with their 3 sisters who were adopted, were born under our bed.  At first we thought Billy was a female and named him after Billie Holiday.  We couldn't find 54 one morning, he was asleep under the the night stand, and while searching for him, a black and white cat, I started calling "car 54 where are you?" and so he became 54. We miss them terribly as after 18 years they were part of our family, they never left the house except for vet visits which they didn't appreciate and now rest in the ground on the outside of our bedroom wall against which they were born.    

Unfortunately their mother "Hilda" got out of the house very soon after her children were weaned and just disappeared and we never saw her again.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

A Minion Knight, just for fun for my BM name

afair there was a thread, a very long one, where BMers explained their chosen name

Do you know I’d never noticed it was a Minion before until now!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good little topic this one!

Mine is because I fence (or at least I did until lockdown) as a sport - fencing is divided into three different blades - foil, epee and sabre.  My blade of choice is epee - hence my forum name 'Epeeman'.

Regards

Dave

• Like 5

Tough having pets, @Billy54, we've lost 3 dogs and 3 cats over the years and we miss them all. We set ourselves up for it, but as Paul O'Grady once put it, why contemplate the hangover when you're still at the party?

(I have to admit though, when you said your cat was 54 I thought bloody hell, that's a good innings!)

• Like 1

Mine is the Russian Naval coat of arms, with a reverse of the Scotland flag, double headed eagle be Navy theme..what’s not to like 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Tough having pets, @Billy54, we've lost 3 dogs and 3 cats over the years and we miss them all. We set ourselves up for it, but as Paul O'Grady once put it, why contemplate the hangover when you're still at the party?

(I have to admit though, when you said your cat was 54 I thought bloody hell, that's a good innings!)

I guess in cat years he was older than 54. :) 

• Like 1

It's an airplane. (I like Airplanes)

It's Irish. (I really like Irish Airplanes)

It's an Irish airplane I've flown on. (Better again...)

It's registration is EI-DEE. (My OH's name is Dee.)

Our first trip abroad together was on this plane.

I've even built a model of it...

• Like 6

My photo goes with my forum name obviously and I chose it because it was what my secretary and the receptionist at work used to call me. 

BTW, MrT bears no resemblance to me apart from the fact I am follicly challanged in the head department. Also I am not into gold jewellery of any sort. 

Martin

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 2

Avatar - my earth-moving equipment.

Username - a long story, but the short version is that I was once described as "the sort of scum who would eat roadkill" (guilty; I often pick up pheasants and eat them - much cheaper than paying to shoot the beggars).  It was pointed out that Owen Roadkill didn't really have that certain je ne sais quoi, so Jack Roadkill became my nickname in the band I was in at the time.  It's been my forum name on every forum I've used since 2005.

• Like 3

It's my dog who, while I was lazing on the sofa, decided it was time to play. 

• Like 2

Nothing special. Just a photo taken during a rest period while fighting the wildfires that ravage Long Island every few years.  The only connection with aviation is the fact that the location was a churchyard fairly close to the old Grumman Peconic River complex in Calverton which, if I remember correctly, was approximately 7,000 acres in area before being turned over to civilian control by the Department of the Navy. It used to be a fairly interesting place, particularly when Grumman was building and testing the F-14.

• Like 2

Mine is the logo of a Canadian hardcore punk band. Due to the no swearing rule I can't say their first name but the second is Up.😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mine is my Grandfathers tank battalion from WW2. He drove Shermans across the Pacific with the 706th Tank Battalion. He started under Creighton Abrams in the 4th Armored in 1941 and then in late 42 or early 43 he was split off and sent to the Pacific. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 6