Starting in 1/16 AFV's

Well you’re certainly having fun with these tanks this year!! The Chally 2 is quite a bit bigger than the other Tiger  and T34 you know? I ended up using the T72 or whatever it is engine sounds as the Abrams is like a jet engine! Mind you, if you get a v7.0 thh hi me there are only 2 engine sounds - Abrams and Leopard I think. It’s a backwards step in my opinion- who has a Tiger 1 that sounds like a modern tank? Good job you bought your pair when you did!

Well you’re certainly having fun with these tanks this year!!

We certainly are!

We've got RC cars too, but they don't work as well in the garden as one heavy pull on the trigger sees them disappear into the flower beds at 20+mph.

Storage of the Challenger will be an issue. going to have to build a Tank Rack in the shed. 

I use 50 litre Really Useful Box’s - £15 from Argos. A Chally 2 fits with the turret turned a bit. I put everything to do with a particular tank into the box, click the lids and it’s safe!! The boxes then stack. Not sure if a Tiger and T34 would both fit into the same box though.

I don’t know. I suppose I haven’t run mine enough to have one fail but I would have thought they are guaranteed for 12 months so it should be replaced? I’ve just bought a Stug and I think that will be the last for awhile!!

They can only say ‘no’ but if you haven’t mistreated the tx then it’s sounds as though it was faulty. I’d suggest you try bonding one of your other transmitters to prove it’s the transmitter at fault first though.

5 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Done that and swapped the batteries too. Other transmitter will bond with either tank. This one won't.

You know the drill by now!!

Well, batteries out for a couple of days and a 10 second press on the start button (tank off) and the bloody thing came back to life! All this after I'd just shelled out £35+ on a spare. The shop were happy to replace the original if there was a fault, but it seems to have gone for now.

As these things are a bit fragile and I'm a bit clumsy it makes sense to have one boxed up in the cupboard I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Challenger 2 arrives today. Ooops.

Oops indeed!! And a big beast it is too compared to the stuff you have already! Part of the fun is finding the on and off switch!  Think this is what you call 'slow addiction' or maybe 'creeping addiction' ?!!! 

11 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Where is it? Topside I hope, like on the Tiger. 

Trying to remember - might be on the underside of the engine deck - right hand back corner? Can't be more precise but both the Abrams and Leo 2 have the switch under a hatch you have to lift - and which the turret can cover when left fore and aft!! You'll find it though!

Challenger 2 had arrived and I'm pretty impressed.

Had the usual battle getting the decals to adhere, but they are all on after a couple of hours of careful application and bad language. Not had chance to attach any of the "bits" as it was nearly midnight by the time I'd got the last of the transfer film off.

Having some track tension issues as the drive sprockets jump out when I've run it on rougher ground. I'll wind out the tensioners, but I was too tired and hot to bother with trying to get at the tiny screw yesterday.  

9.75 / 10 so far, and I didn't even get a telling off from the missus!

Well I’m glad that you found the on and off switch anyway!! You’ve obviously used yours more than I’ve used mine to. I’ve read the Haynes on the Challenger and I will be stripping mine down and repainting it before it hits the road. Probably next year now.

Ah - ha! Yes, that’s how i remember it. I think I found it by chance. It’s a pity because I think the Tiger I switch location is great, especially given how old it is but you find that many of the more recent ones have the switch on the bottom of the hull and the Some have it on the side between the running gear. Having the switch below a hatch is surely the best but HL didn’t think like that for a long time - after all, these are seen as toys!