Starting in 1/16 AFV's

12 hours ago, Niall said:

What brand of BB are you using?

The Excell ones I've tried did not work like that.

These.

®Stealth Tactical Elite Precision Competition Specification 5.95MM Bio BBs 0.20g | eBay

No jams at all so far after blazing a couple of hundred off. Range about 10m at a guess.

• 1 month later...

Oops!

Well Forgebear sell sets - for Taigen - but it looks like they may have a separate shaft for the road wheel and you only get the arm but it looks like you've broken the axle? The also have an HL plastic lower hull with plastic suspension and road wheels. Ive just checked Welshdragon and ebayt and zilch! So your options are to cobble up something with that damaged arm or go for a Heng Long lower hull - and maybe accept a plastic arm. This option costs around £28 plus postage but it might work better than the cheaper Taigen suspension arms? You know what you need so Id recommend you have a look on the Forgebear site.

Simon

Thanks. Heng Long.de have them for €2.95 each and €20 postage. 😕

Although, a complete lower hull would get me 10 of them as spare parts. Will call Forgebear tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Thanks. Heng Long.de have them for €2.95 each and €20 postage. 😕

Grief!! When I bought from Axels Modelbau they had a cheaper post option - not DHL - can't think what its called now. Might be worth enquiring with Heng Long.de ?

Just been up to the point of payment. Works out at £18, £16 of which is postage. Don't know if there will be any post Brexit f***wittery with tax and a handling fee on top. I'll email them.

At least I have an option.

4 of them coming from Germany for €26 + tax + handling. That's going to make my eyes water.

Prior to the failure we were having an epic battle with Bio BBs and the IR system in a field. Was surprised how well the tanks coped with the recently mown, but still quite long, grass and how well the batteries lasted.

My Tamiya Mad Bull RC car had already overheated by this point. I suspect that the damage was caused by my nephew T-Boning the tank with the car and flipping it over. Kids eh, breaking the grown up's toys?

4 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

4 of them coming from Germany for €26 + tax + handling. That's going to make my eyes water.

Prior to the failure we were having an epic battle with Bio BBs and the IR system in a field. Was surprised how well the tanks coped with the recently mown, but still quite long, grass and how well the batteries lasted.

My Tamiya Mad Bull RC car had already overheated by this point. I suspect that the damage was caused by my nephew T-Boning the tank with the car and flipping it over. Kids eh, breaking the grown up's toys?

Too true but at least you're making the most out of a bad situation! Just a pity you can't pick them up locally ! I'm gradually learning that getting bits for tanks isn't always that easy! 

Argh! They've cancelled the order because of the Brexit VAT situation.

So I've just had to order a complete lower hull with plastic suspension. £33.99 for a 10p component. The upside is that I now have 10 spare arms, the downside is that I also have a spare hull and 10 road wheels.

If anyone wants a hull (without suspension arms) and 10 road wheels let me know. 😉

I’d advertise it on rctankwarfare as well if I were you. Mind you I have spares I didn’t anticipate because I wanted something else that came with them. Real pain your initial order was cancelled. I’ve ordered from Germany in the past without problems but maybe not all retailers are geared up? I’m surprised that Henglong de can’t do it though. Probably less of a company than they appear!

I had to spend over €130 for them to be interested.

In happier times we have people going to Germany from the office on a daily basis. If we get back to that situation I'll get things delivered to a colleague out there and someone can bring it back for me. Hopefully the package isn't labeled "tank parts".

8 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

I had to spend over €130 for them to be interested.

In happier times we have people going to Germany from the office on a daily basis. If we get back to that situation I'll get things delivered to a colleague out there and someone can bring it back for me. Hopefully the package isn't labeled "tank parts".

Ho, ho - yes!! But that seems remarkably unfair - cheeky so and so's!!

Complete hull arrived from Forgebear within 48 hours. T34 up and rolling again.

The plastic suspension parts, by their very nature, have a bit of flex in them so maybe they will last. If they don't I have spares. A lot of them.

7 hours ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Complete hull arrived from Forgebear within 48 hours. T34 up and rolling again.

The plastic suspension parts, by their very nature, have a bit of flex in them so maybe they will last. If they don't I have spares. A lot of them.

David and his wife are very good at posting stuff and the opinion seems to be that the Forgebear is the best option for tank bits and pieces - I certainly seem to use them quite a bit. As for your T-34, well you know that now you have all those spares, you won't need them!! Mind you they may be useful as swaps with other tankers?!!

On 18/06/2021 at 19:48, Simon Cornes said:

David and his wife are very good at posting stuff and the opinion seems to be that the Forgebear is the best option for tank bits and pieces - I certainly seem to use them quite a bit. As for your T-34, well you know that now you have all those spares, you won't need them!! Mind you they may be useful as swaps with other tankers?!!

Agreed - everything I’ve ordered has arrived within 2 days. Great selection too. Glad I was directed by people on here to use them. 

Do you get sweets in your packages too?!!

8 minutes ago, The Great Escape said:

Agreed - everything I’ve ordered has arrived within 2 days. Great selection too. Glad I was directed by people on here to use them. 

Do you get sweets in your packages too?!!

Oh yes, bribery!!

• 2 weeks later...