Civil airliner newbie question about windows

All my models are on the theme of spacecraft and astronomy.  To date all my models have just been of spacecraft and rockets.  I'm now about to branch out into other related topics, including modelling NASA's SOFIA airborne telescope (a modified Boeing 747SP) and Orbital Science's Pegasus airborne rocket launcher (a modified Lockheed L1011).  I've managed to order base models for both these projects, both 1/144 kits from Eastern Express.  From what I can see they are the best compromise models for use in these projects. 

The one downside with both these kits is that neither is moulded with apertures for passenger windows.  Both of these kits come with decal windows that are simple black rounded rectangles.  Are there better decals for passenger windows available?  I am prepared to consider decalling each window individually if it makes a significant improvement to the model.

Thanks

https://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/

747SP - https://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/epages/17895661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17895661/Products/D144-BO-11A-SP

Authentic Airliners are highly regarded, they have lifelike windows with some open and closed blinds and some people visible - although whether this is suitable for your project you'd have to consult references - did these planes have standard seating? Some people just use the cockpit decals as these look superb.

Unfortunately due to political decisions, you have to order €155 minimum from them at the moment for UK shipping and will of course have to pay tax and duty on top of the costs. I don't think there is a UK distributor, maybe check eBay?

Edited by Tim R-T-C

41 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

https://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/

Unfortunately due to political decisions, you have to order €155 minimum from them at the moment for UK shipping and will of course have to pay tax and duty on top of the costs. I don't think there is a UK distributor, maybe check eBay?

Don't forget to ask for local taxes and VAT to be removed from your order. 

No AA don't have a UK distributor, most of thier orders are made on demand.

But everything they make is of the highest quality!

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

Unfortunately due to political decisions, you have to order €155 minimum from them at the moment for UK shipping and will of course have to pay tax and duty on top of the costs.

This comment maybe out of date now, but this minimum order only applies to Authentic Airliners (i.e. resin kits) not to Authentic Airliners Decals which are available from a different website. I ordered from there a couple of times recently and was only charged their standard rate of international postage of €3.50 to the UK and no VAT charged (as a non-EU country). They were sent in an envelope so it seems unlikely they will be subject to tax and duty.

Rich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichG said:

. I ordered from there a couple of times recently

Interesting. I know that the VAT/import duty system is convoluted with the sender declaring what is being sent and then the post office collecting the taxes on behalf of HMRC and like yourself I too was not charged. My purchases were pre-Brexit deadline but were over the import duty threshold and one from the USA. So it might be a good time to get decal shopping.