New Airfix Website - what’ya think?

Rabbit Leader

Pleased to see the latest Workbench article (Chipmunk) works better than the last one, however now I cannot seem to find the previous issue (RAF Buccaneer kit) to see if these missing images were ever restored? 
Cheers.. Dave 

Don't try ordering if you need to have any specific delivery instructions!

They have removed the text box from the order screen that allowed you to enter any delivery instructions on the order screen. I have some quite specific instructions, and due to this tried emailing to follow up an order. Received an automated reply advising that there is a 7 working day delay to responding to all emails! Orders are processed in 5 working days. So I thought I'd ring them to sort it out!

Well that was about as useful as chocolate fireguard! Hornby Hobbies cannot add any delivery instructions to an order. They cannot (or will not...) add any instructions to an order until the order has been processed and sent to DPD for delivery and DPD has generated a delivery label. I'm sorry by this time it's too late to add any delivery instructions as the delivery label etc has been generated so how can you add delivery instructions to the order! It has to be done at the point that the order is being generated, not at the point that the package is with the delivery company... 

Such a stupid way of doing things - good job that I don't live in a block of flats, or gated community etc whereby they might need quite specific instructions or even a brand new development that might not even appear on  sat nav or map so would need directions to the address which I would be able to give via this method.... 

On 22/01/2021 at 10:44, Ventora3300 said:

Hi Dave. Same for me - pictures in the 'Workbench' area not opening up (only the picture at the top of each post is visible). I've sent them a message via the 'contact us' page on this so we'll see if Airfix come back. No posts in the Forum but it says they are being copied over at the moment.

Thanks for flagging up the new website - I'm having a look around - having just also bought the latest Airfix Catalogue! I didn't really use the old one much but I've been looking around to see if I can buy myself a 'comfort' item i.e. the new Beaufort. Looks like it's not actually on sale yet so plenty time to get some of all my other kits built! I think I have used the Airfix Tribute Forum more to get all the old kit details and history etc. and see @Ratch's builds, of course!

Just got this message today:

Customer Care (Airfix)

8 Feb 2021, 13:36 GMT

Hi
That bug should now be fixed.

On 22/01/2021 at 10:44, Ventora3300 said:

Hi Dave. Same for me - pictures in the 'Workbench' area not opening up (only the picture at the top of each post is visible). I've sent them a message via the 'contact us' page on this so we'll see if Airfix come back. No posts in the Forum but it says they are being copied over at the moment.

Thanks for flagging up the new website - I'm having a look around - having just also bought the latest Airfix Catalogue! I didn't really use the old one much but I've been looking around to see if I can buy myself a 'comfort' item i.e. the new Beaufort. Looks like it's not actually on sale yet so plenty time to get some of all my other kits built! I think I have used the Airfix Tribute Forum more to get all the old kit details and history etc. and see @Ratch's builds, of course!

Customer Care (Airfix)

Hi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Customer Care (Airfix)

Hi

Just been on the website - looked at the workbench blogs and the one for the Canadair Sabre is still not showing the pictures in the blog! Still only getting place holder notes for the pictures that should be there...

• Sad 1

The Hornby/Airfix product/brand manager Darrell Burge died suddenly on Wednesday 10th February and I imagine that the Hornby set-up is in a state of shock and flux right now. It is going to be a difficult task to reorganise things after his loss and I would imagine that some things are of a higher priority than others with the forum and the workbench blogs being quite a way down the list of things to do.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ratch said:

A50170 was announced in 2019 and has yet to arrive on these shores and A50189 was only announced in the 2021 catalogue.

No news yet on the Forum over there.

Ok I admit it, I was mistaken.

We have been waiting impatiently for TWO (not one) years for 

A05170V  ever since it was announced in the Vintage Classics range !!   :)

2 hours ago, Ratch said:

A50170 was announced in 2019 and has yet to arrive on these shores and A50189 was only announced in the 2021 catalogue.

No news yet on the Forum over there.

The Bristol Beaufort AO4021 is expected Winter 2021 ( November 2020 to February 2021 ). Well next week, it's Spring and still nothing.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I always thought the four seasons stated and finished on the same dates, although were opposite for Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

So in Australia we have the following - 

Spring 01 Sep - 30 Nov

Summer 01 Dec - 28 Feb

Autumn 01 Mar - 31 May 

Winter 01 Jun - 31 Aug

Starting a season on the 20/21 of a month is completely new to me! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Funnily enough, I always thought the four seasons stated and finished on the same dates, although were opposite for Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

So in Australia we have the following - 

Spring 01 Sep - 30 Nov

Summer 01 Dec - 28 Feb

Autumn 01 Mar - 31 May 

Winter 01 Jun - 31 Aug

Starting a season on the 20/21 of a month is completely new to me! 
Cheers.. Dave 

The seasons are determined by the solstice and equinox, they vary slightly year to year, but you won't be far out on 20/21 of December/March/June/September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ratch said:

Don't know if you guys have noticed, but there's this thing going around the planet that's affecting all sorts of things - just sayin'

Wrong way round Ratch, it's the planet going round the sun that affects the seasons, ocean tides, gravity, radio reception and all sorts of other things - just sayin'...

Spoiler

Oh, you mean the OTHER thing.....  sorry :door::coat: :fool:

On 2/24/2021 at 1:41 AM, Dave Swindell said:

Wrong way round Ratch, it's the planet going round the sun that affects the seasons, ocean tides, gravity, radio reception and all sorts of other things - just sayin'...

Hide contents

I thought that were the moon.