Filtering unused resin

Chewbacca

This may be a silly question but I thought I'd ask it anyway.

Took delivery of an Elegoo Mars at Christmas and have been printing with mixed results.  Some absolutely excellent (see the ACH aerial in my PUMA build) 

and some not quite so where the supports print but there's nothing on the end, I suspect because my support settings are too small and they cease being self supporting.  The upshot of that is that I've been getting a fair bit of solid residue left in the reservoir which needs filtering out before I can try again.

The printer came with 10 filter papers but I've used 4 of them already and nowhere seems to sell replacements, even Elegoo themselves.  Can you use any filter paper for this (such as say a coffee filter) - which I suspect not - or is it worth investing in one of the metal filter strainers I found on Amazon?  Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get some genuine filters?

And before anyone says don't pour it back into the bottle, the things I am printing are tiny and are estimated by the printer to be less than 20p a print.  I'm loathe to throw away ~ £5-8 of resin everytime I print 20p worth of model accessory.  I know it's still cheaper than sending to Shapeways but it seems such a waste.

Thanks