Airfix 1/72 Grumman Gosling

Started this one as an in-between project as some other stuff dried/set, but got carried away and had to finish it. I got it in a box of stuff I bought. I'm not sure of the date of this particular issue, but the molds date back to 1958. Fit is ok with the exception of the engine nacelles to the wings, which took quite a bit of filing/sanding/filling, and the front windscreen which was too wide. I solved that by cutting it in half in the middle, glueing one half in place and letting it set, then test fitting and filing the other half to fit. Once in place, it was puttied all over then sanded smooth and polished out. It left a seam in the center, but that got covered up with a strip of appropriate colored decal to simulate the center mullion of the windscreen. With all this sanding, I decided to sand away the rest of the molded on detail, which was pretty heavy. The decals were unusable, so I cobble these together from the spares box. Anyway, here it is, a Grumman Gosling.

PXL_20210121_164501985 PXL_20210121_164520475 PXL_20210121_164657658 PXL_20210121_164535354 PXL_20210121_170301236

• Like 36

I built two back in 2017 and recognise the problems with the engines and window. I did the same with my windows and added 0,4 mm plastic card between the engine halfs to make them fit.

You have done a very good job on your model.