Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TF.10

Evening all,

Just completed the fine Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TF.10, a brilliant mojo build.

Finished out of the box using Vallejo Sky Type S for the underside and Tamiya Dark Sea Grey for the top. Weathered with oils and Vallejo Model Washes. I would usually use a dark dirt clay wash, but decided to try and move away from that on this build using a similarly coloured wash to give a subtle effect to the recessed detail, to complement the base colour.

Few small details still to add but very happy with the result. Displayed alongside the Airfix Bomber Resupply set and Noy Miniatures diorama bases.

50859622218_c9e65a24c8_b.jpg

50860336566_45ce89da7e_b.jpg

50860336526_85c98a86a7_b.jpg

50860336481_0996498ae1_b.jpg

50860433627_7174c6399c_b.jpg

• Like 61
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

a funny nose Beaufighter, but exquisitely built and finished. Delicate weathering!

Super well done.

JR

• Like 1

Superb result! And the diorama is incredibly effective.

How did you find the Vallejo Sky Type S? I'm using Vallejo Model Air acrylics, and have the Sky Type S for an upcoming project. However, it looked a little dark to me.

Kind regards,

Mark

Absolutely stunning.

I recently restored a Revell re-release of the original Matchbox kit. I tried weathering for the first time. It came out better than I expected.

Yours looks at home with the dioramas.

Very well done.

👏👏👏👏

20 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Superb result! And the diorama is incredibly effective.

How did you find the Vallejo Sky Type S? I'm using Vallejo Model Air acrylics, and have the Sky Type S for an upcoming project. However, it looked a little dark to me.

Kind regards,

Mark

Thanks for the comments.

I have both Vallejo Model Air Sky Type S and AMMO Mig Sky Type S - both colours looked identical to me when sprayed, but the Vallejo gave a smoother finish. I can't really comment on the colour accuracy, it looks fairly close to me, especially when weathered.

• Thanks 1

Glad the erks have moved that maintenance stand up next to the starboard engine to secure that spinner, which looks like it has come loose! Seriously, that is a very pretty Beau, and the colors look good to me. Your diorama work is as good as the model. Well done!

Mike