Revell Hawker Tempest MkV 1:32 - 56 (Punjab) Squadron April 1945 , 2nd TAF ,Volkel, Holland - My uncle's aircraft (US-X)

Well Done Revell! My compliments on an excellent and speedy service!

They sent me the entire clear sprue as a replacement! and the Post Office didn't ask me for any money to pay to release the package to me. Maybe i am now a fugitive from HMRC Tax inspectors for  £1.99.. sue me... LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

HMRC would definitely be after you then, they will think you are importing kits bit by bit!!!

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh! 😀.. might have to play Johnny Cash's 'One Piece At A Time !'

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz
  • Haha 3

First pass with the RAF Ocean  Grey .. Hataka paint. Will do another pass and then use the blue tack method to mask the RAF Green 2 which will be Tamiya.. same as my recent RAF Mosquito! Need to have a look at it during the daylight to see the areas of thin coverage. 

IMG_0674

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking good Andy, be careful as it's near to the edge and you've got form fella!!!

Great job

Chris

Omg yes Chris. I'm so stressed at the moment it could happen. Have moved it away from the edge now!  Cheers, Andy

• Like 1

20210314_133756

Will redo the yellow leading edges not quite equal on both wings! 

I think I'd do these after the cammo as is my usual method as being curved a little harder to judge the curve correctly on both sides. This was done using the flexible masking tape

• Like 10

On 07/02/2021 at 16:04, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Miss Jean BIRD. ? I'm not sure who she was exactly but i'm guessing his 'True Love' at that time. 

Case solved! Apparently she was a Canadian young lady. I was talking to my cousin, daughter of my Uncle Peter and she confirmed this was the case

She remembers her coming to visit my uncle and aunt with her husband sometime in the early 1960s. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great update withe the article,  photo and the Jean mystery being solved.  Great work on the model too fella 

Chris

Thanks Chris. The additional pics of Uncle Peter are nice indeed. Its not long until the 18th of March. This being the day 76 years ago that the young and very frightened Fighter Pilot joined his squadron on active service. I'll be toasting him on that day and I hope those following will do likewise!  

• Like 4