SAC Monogram B-52.

Truly amazing work. I've always liked the early B-52s in natural metal finish and your model does justice to them in a wonderful way. That 1/72 B-52D from Monogram/Revell remains a very nice kit.

• Thanks 1

This is an amazing result on a really old kit!  Your paint job is first-rate, and is the most attractive scheme ever applied to these aircraft, IMO.  It just screams: "we can reach out and touch you, anytime, anywhere."  Just looking at it causes my heart-rate to rise significantly.  

Where's Major Kong!??  LOL.  Totally awesome question, and of course Kong was flying an early H model.  "Stay on the bomb run boys....I'll get them bomb bay doors open if it hair-lips everyone on Bear Creek."  

• Like 2

Thank you very much everyone!! I'm happy you like it.

As  you are saying, I was really inspired by "Dr. Strangelove", "A Gathering of Eagles" and especially "Bombers B-52". I also like a lot many works I see around, here, on youtube etc...

Anyway, I really liked the B-52 from the first time I saw it in a book when I was about 8, I think.  At that time, I thought that the Boeing 707/720 was the biggest airplane!

Regarding the Monogram kit, yes, it's a bit old but I believe that the final result is very accurate in shape. I would love to do also an early G or H from the Modelcollect.

Well, before that, if I have time, I'd like to also do the B-36. With plexiglass I should be able to pile up 2 or 3 bombers I think.

In the link below, for now, you can watch "Bombers B-52". It's a bit boring I think but there are some beautiful early B-52 shooting.

• Like 3