under shelf lighting?

For the last six years or so I've enjoyed having the dining room as my mancave, large and bright with 6000lumin lighting; however, swmbo has decided that room should revert back to a dining room.  As such, my modelling space has been relegated relocated to the little bedroom.  :confused: It's not so bad, plenty of light in the daytime but in the evening I now get a shadow from the shelf above my workbench.

spacer.png

Can anyone recommend an affordable but bright strip light, that would fit under the shelf and give good brightness onto my work area please?   The type needs to be able to be secured under the shelf as I don't have room on the bench for a freestanding lamp.

'scuse the mess, I haven't managed to find enough space to store everything in this little room yet. :undecided:

cheers,

Mike

I picked up a pair of LED strip lights from Lidl - about 50 cm long, already wired and with spring brackets to hold them against the shelf - £7.99 each if I remember correctly - they have a very natural tone of light closed to daylight - I think when I bought them there were two boxings - one 'daylight' and the other 'mood' light.

They were labelled as being for 'under kitchen cupboards'.

Just re-looked at your photo - first thoughts were there was a toaster on the workbench!!

Edited by czechnavy
typo!
4 minutes ago, czechnavy said:

Just re-looked at your photo - first thoughts were there was a toaster on the workbench!!

Looks like an ultrasonic cleaner that is for cleaning his false teeth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, it's an ultrasonic cleaner.  I find it good for cleaning resin items, cast and 3D printed.

Mike

• Like 3