Fly Class gunboat plans

David M

I am looking for plans - any plans - of the Fly Class gunboats.

So far I have found only one that appears to have been scanned (at very low res) from a book.

Absent knowing the source I would prefer not to post the image.

Appears to be labelled "Fig 29 Small China Gunboats" and shows a plan, profile and two sections.

Does anyone recognise the source and/or know of any decent plans?

TIA

David in Oz

I can't say I am familiar with the image you mention - most on-line coverage of  Tigris or China Gunboats defaults to the larger Insect class.  There are 6 photos of Sedgefly and Firefly in "British River Gunboats" by Paul J Kemp, ISO Publications (probably long out of print) but no plans -  I can scan them for you and send by pm.   I see they were built (in sections) by Yarrows so perhaps it might be worth seeing if there is any Yarrows archive on line or at the Scottish or London National Archives but I suspect the actual plans will have ended up at the Greenwich NMM collection.   I searched all 16 Fly Class names there  without a suitable result but that may just mean they haven't scanned any of the plans yet so the only way to be sure would be make a specific enquiry.   It may be a fair while before you get a reply though as they are pretty much shut down during the Covid lockdown. 

Another thought is to join the Model Ship World forum at https://modelshipworld.com/ and ask if anyone there can advise as that site tends to cover this sort of subject and era more often.