Kitty Hawk 1/35 HH-60G Pavehawk......."These things we do"

• 3 weeks later...

Right then. On to all things gun like.

As I said before, the Live-Resin GAU 18 .50 cal gun set is made for the Academy kit. I could not get the ammo tanks to fit the KH kit, so had to use the kit supplied items. Not that there are any problems with them.

spacer.png

I did kit bash the gun mounts to get the better resin ones to fit.

spacer.png

The resin gun components.

spacer.png

Painted ready for install.

spacer.png

When it came time to fit everything, I found there was very little room between the cabin sides and gunners seats. This meant I wasn't able to adjust the position of the gunners much, to match up with the guns.

In the end I just had to compromise, and not have the gunners actually holding the guns.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Doors and panels have been glued into position.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just need to work on all things whirly now and it will be done.

Thinking ahead to linking this WIP to the RFI post. Any links I do, appear as a plain hyperlink address. How do you create a link in the form of those nice titled tile/icons that many BM members use?

Rob.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK then. The final stages. Tail rotor built with some added wiring.

spacer.png

And the main rotor head and blades done. The wires sticking out from the rotor head are for the anti ice wiring looms, to connect to the blades.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So, I'm calling this done. A couple of photo's at the bench, I'll have to take it outside for RFI photo's, for better light and more space. It's a bit large, now complete.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's been an enjoyable build. Just the usual problems with Kitty Hawk instructions, mis-numbered parts and poor build sequence.

Rob.

• Like 2

Beautifully done, and so quick! Having seen this build for the first time, I'm happy to stick to the Academy version for now!

On 6/26/2021 at 4:32 AM, Phone Phixer said:

Thinking ahead to linking this WIP to the RFI post. Any links I do, appear as a plain hyperlink address. How do you create a link in the form of those nice titled tile/icons that many BM members use?

Easiest way to do this is click the three dots in the top right corner of your first post in this thread. Select 'Share' from the drop down menu. This will open a dialogue box with the link in it. Select the entire link and copy and paste it into your RFI thread post and it should make the tidy box link.

Alan

• Thanks 1