Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oops - in some connectors you have swapped the inside and outside side. One connector is also swapped top to bottom. Keep this in mind when placing the tracks on the wheels to hide these spots under the side armor. I'm a bit alert to these tracks because I just finished mine an hour ago in the same model ;) 

 

Edited by Tom W.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2021 at 22:40, Tom W. said:

Oops - in some connectors you have swapped the inside and outside side. One connector is also swapped top to bottom. Keep this in mind when placing the tracks on the wheels to hide these spots under the side armor. I'm a bit alert to these tracks because I just finished mine an hour ago in the same model ;) 

 

It’s definitely a small detail you’ll miss unless aware of. But when your aware of it and care for attention.... It’s worse than the long process of putting them together! Check out my thread on CR2’s. I talk about the whole track fiasco. In my own way of course. You’ll see I was lazy with this attention to detail 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2021 at 22:40, Tom W. said:

Oops - in some connectors you have swapped the inside and outside side. One connector is also swapped top to bottom. Keep this in mind when placing the tracks on the wheels to hide these spots under the side armor. I'm a bit alert to these tracks because I just finished mine an hour ago in the same model ;) 

 

Thank you   kindly for pointing this out  - I only went and flipping well found this out when I was  examining the track after  making it  - there was a few  "damns  - darns and spiffing oh my"   (being polite)  I think I can hide them  - just dont tell anyone - it will be our little secret......

 

Erk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, British Army Platforms said:

It’s definitely a small detail you’ll miss unless aware of. But when your aware of it and care for attention.... It’s worse than the long process of putting them together! Check out my thread on CR2’s. I talk about the whole track fiasco. In my own way of course. You’ll see I was lazy with this attention to detail 😂

Yep  - I am even painting them the long winded hard way  by each link brush work  being careful not to get too much in the link  areas  so they are still movable  - I have done the middle  inside first including every drive tooth  then both inner edges  - need to do the same  to the top  later  when I mix some more  sandy - flat alum colour.

 

Erk.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2021 at 01:42, ERK said:

Yep  - I am even painting them the long winded hard way  by each link brush work  being careful not to get too much in the link  areas  so they are still movable  - I have done the middle  inside first including every drive tooth  then both inner edges  - need to do the same  to the top  later  when I mix some more  sandy - flat alum colour.

 

Erk.

That effort is eye-watering...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of Tracks  -  I have spent Two days on the one set  - they have been measured and the  one link out ready to have the track run through the iddler  and  wheels before it can be linked together.

They have had the links painted a sandy/alum colour  then the treads where painted with Nato Black to give a nice dark Grey colour,  next will be the inside of the tracks treads  then some weathering.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all,   more work on  the one track, its has coantinued well  with the treads painting Nato Black, then some washes and finished off with a fair bit of weathering to represent  dust from off and on roads, nect stage was to feed the loose track down the rollers  then towards the rear with the drive sprocket still off I was able to attach the last link then move the track along so the link will be hidden whne the skirt is on, I then fitted the drive sprocket.

So the one side track is on and finished.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

More progress  - the side skirt was fitted then the Two mud guards  followed by one of the thermal box's  - followed by some paint and weathering.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the color of the metal parts of the tracks. They look very natural and fresh and are a nice change from what we have on most models - heavily worn and rusty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Getting there ERK and looking rather neat.👍

Thank you kindly.

 

Erk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

I really like the color of the metal parts of the tracks. They look very natural and fresh and are a nice change from what we have on most models - heavily worn and rusty.

Thank you so much,   the trick to the track links  - is mixing a sandy Yellow colour  with flat Aluminium  at roughly 50/50 then a dark Brown wash followed with White dry brushing.

 

Erk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't you forget to paste the f32 parts to the wheels (step 9 in the manual)? The first and last road wheel will definitely be visible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

Didn't you forget to paste the f32 parts to the wheels (step 9 in the manual)? The first and last road wheel will definitely be visible.

Upsssssss   you are so right,   I will try to fit the hub caps to the first and last wheels  I can get to  (shhhh  - dont tell anyone - No one will know)

 

Erk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Evening all  - Hub caps on  - not too difficult  then painted and weathered, also one side of the rear cage was part cut away from the spru then painted and weathered  - then glued in place.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

 

Edited by ERK
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Evening all,     she is now sitting on both her tracks  ready for both mud flaps.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Something seems to have inspired me with these tracks. I think I'll make mine brand new to.  If you agree to the copyright :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Something seems to have inspired me with these tracks. I think I'll make mine brand new to.  If you agree to the copyright :)

Yep sure  - go for it  mate.

 

Erk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all  - some more progress  tonight,   I have fitted the other mudguards and the side armour plates and the other forward  side device.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all,   more progress in the shape of  frontal armour plates.

 

Erk.spacer.png

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good!

Thank you kindly.

 

Erk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all,  a bit more work on the crate  - I decided that it wasn't dirty/dusty enough  so after fitting the other rear guard  - I  got out my flat white  and added a few more dry brushed layers, I then dry fitted the turret  and did a bit more dry brushing around the front areas.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2021 at 22:17, ERK said:

Evening all,  a bit more work on the crate  - I decided that it wasn't dirty/dusty enough  so after fitting the other rear guard  - I  got out my flat white  and added a few more dry brushed layers, I then dry fitted the turret  and did a bit more dry brushing around the front areas.

 

Erk.spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Looks really good now its all together. When will you put the interior back in? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

Looks really good now its all together. When will you put the interior back in? 

The interior is built into the turret mate.

 

Erk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...