3 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

So so fantastic. Think you have allot of imagination. Is it only going to be visibly from the hatches? Or will you be able to remove the turret top in order to see the detail?! Would be great if you could use magnets or something to hold it together but allow for easy viewing? 

I considerd a few options - but as I also want it looking  realsitic I thought it would be best  to  leave it as a  "we all know  detail is in there - even if it can't be seen"  type thing,   I am just pleased that I was able to  knock something togther by combining the inners from the rather excellent  RFM M1 Abrams  kit with my Chally kit  - with a lot of fettling.

And Thank you so much for your kind words.

Erk.

13 hours ago, ERK said:

I considerd a few options - but as I also want it looking  realsitic I thought it would be best  to  leave it as a  "we all know  detail is in there - even if it can't be seen"  type thing,   I am just pleased that I was able to  knock something togther by combining the inners from the rather excellent  RFM M1 Abrams  kit with my Chally kit  - with a lot of fettling.

And Thank you so much for your kind words.

Erk.

I do agree now thinking about it, there are good photos of the interior and you know whats there. More realistic. Top stuff. Can’t wait to see the finished product. 

5 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

I do agree now thinking about it, there are good photos of the interior and you know whats there. More realistic. Top stuff. Can’t wait to see the finished product. 

Thanks mate.

Erk.

Evening all,   a wee bit more progress  -  I fitted the  turret armour frames,  this needed careful placing due to me not having the locating holes as I foreget to drill these out before closing up the turret,  so I eventually got there  - next came the armour blocks these fell together without incident, then attached to these  are an armour plate, I followed this up with the rear turret cages.

Next on the build was back on the main hull  - I fitted the drivers  vision block with the glazing unit, after I masked it ready for the paint layers.

So this is the current situation - starting to look quite meaty.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ERK said:

Evening all,   a wee bit more progress  -  I fitted the  turret armour frames,  this needed careful placing due to me not having the locating holes as I foreget to drill these out before closing up the turret,  so I eventually got there  - next came the armour blocks these fell together without incident, then attached to these  are an armour plate, I followed this up with the rear turret cages.

Next on the build was back on the main hull  - I fitted the drivers  vision block with the glazing unit, after I masked it ready for the paint layers.

So this is the current situation - starting to look quite meaty.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great work. Glad there’s someone else who always forgets to drill the holes 😂. Are you planning on any interior from the drivers hatch? 

16 minutes ago, British Army Platforms said:

Great work. Glad there’s someone else who always forgets to drill the holes 😂. Are you planning on any interior from the drivers hatch? 

No mate, Im leaving that closed  as I like the look of it with the hatch closed.

Erk.

• Like 1

I have a suggestion  (well  I am going to try it)  with the commanders vison blocks to mask them - instead of individual tiny bits of tamiya tape, I am going to cut a long thin length - the same overall  depth of the blocks  and simply wrap it around  all of them in one go,   after  priming and painting with my rattle cans - I can simply touch in using acrylic tins with a brush uisng the same shade of paint.

Erk.

Just now, ERK said:

I have a suggestion  (well  I am going to try it)  with the commanders vison blocks to mask them - instead of individual tiny bits of tamiya tape, I am going to cut a long thin length - the same overall  depth of the blocks  and simply wrap it around  all of them in one go,   after  priming and painting with my rattle cans - I can simply touch in using acrylic tins with a brush uisng the same shade of paint.

Erk.

Good idea. I did think that but because 3 of the view poets are slightly different, I thought it better to do the tape individually when I painted. Would love to see how yours comes out so I can try it on my TES. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, British Army Platforms said:

Good idea. I did think that but because 3 of the view poets are slightly different, I thought it better to do the tape individually when I painted. Would love to see how yours comes out so I can try it on my TES. 

Or - I might tape each block seperate  as I was able to cut and tape the drivers one quite easy  using my optovisors  and a sharp blade.

Erk.

• Like 1

Evening all,  just a small update today,   I  masked each individual commanders vision blocks  (as suggested)  and did the same to the lower gunners sight, then I made and fitted both hatch covers but left then free to open/close.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

Looks very neat. Great work. Your PE work looks very pristine so far. Interested to see when you get to the long strips of PE, which are not marked for bends😑, on the side of the armour. 
a010d609b3b27bbd7fee1aaf9dd0c0b7.jpg

Thank you,    I will have a look later and see what the score is  - may have to just use my tweezers to mould it to the step shapes.

Erk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

Looks very neat. Great work. Your PE work looks very pristine so far. Interested to see when you get to the long strips of PE, which are not marked for bends😑, on the side of the armour. 
a010d609b3b27bbd7fee1aaf9dd0c0b7.jpg

Thank you,    I will have a look later and see what the score is  - may have to just use my tweezers to mould it to the step shapes.

Erk.

• Like 1

Evening all,   I have been working on the side skirts/addional armour blocks  -  a question was raised about the  length of PE  top detail as its not part cur underneth for the folds  - they are seperated into Two lengths   one long length thats flat and just glued down using my Gorilla Super glue,  the next part is shorter  but needs to conform to a  dip and slope - I got round this by gluing the one end first  then when set I used more glue in the  dip then with a mini small square file I pushed the PE down pushing it hard into corners, then when set I continued with the rest of it.

Next was the main blocks and the rear cage frames.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ERK said:

Evening all,   I have been working on the side skirts/addional armour blocks  -  a question was raised about the  length of PE  top detail as its not part cur underneth for the folds  - they are seperated into Two lengths   one long length thats flat and just glued down using my Gorilla Super glue,  the next part is shorter  but needs to conform to a  dip and slope - I got round this by gluing the one end first  then when set I used more glue in the  dip then with a mini small square file I pushed the PE down pushing it hard into corners, then when set I continued with the rest of it.

Next was the main blocks and the rear cage frames.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow fantastic work. Looks very good. I am taking notes for when I get round to it! 

8 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

Wow fantastic work. Looks very good. I am taking notes for when I get round to it! 

Thanks mate,    I use a set of mini files  - I find them really useful  for jobs like the one above.

Erk.

6 hours ago, ERK said:

Thanks mate,    I use a set of mini files  - I find them really useful  for jobs like the one above.

Erk.

I’ll show you my mini files when I do my next update. Love them so much aha. Have been so useful. 

1 hour ago, ERK said:

Figure time  - commander getting his paitwork  and the loader made awaiting his primer.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

How cool. Always liked the idea of doing crew. I think the cost of paint for all their different colours isn’t justifiable for me just yet 😂imagination comes more affordable.

1 hour ago, British Army Platforms said:

I’ll show you my mini files when I do my next update. Love them so much aha. Have been so useful. 

How cool. Always liked the idea of doing crew. I think the cost of paint for all their different colours isn’t justifiable for me just yet 😂imagination comes more affordable.

Yep  all that tiny  patchwork of Green/Sand/Black and Brown  - gonna be fun  - but heck I am used to painting in 28mm  scale  on my Waterloo dio I am building aswel  - so 1/35  should be easy  - famouse last words.

Erk.

Edited by ERK
  • Haha 1

The commander has his colours on his uniform now  - basic paint job of Green over-all  first followed by splotches of  Sand, Brown and Black, I followed this with a subtle dry brush of green then a wash followed by some white dry brush highlighting.

Still needs some gloss in his glasses  and an Flat top coats over the restb of him.

Not too bad for my first go at figure camo painting.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4