9 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Full marks for ingenuity, interesting to see how it comes together. 

Great modelling. 

Atb 

Thank you kindly, I thought it would add to what is already  an excellent kit,   will be doing the  RFM M1A2 after.

Erk.

6 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Nice work.I hope all your efforts be visible at the end.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,     to be honest  - not very much, it will be one of those situations of just knowing its in there, I will have both hatches  open and will try to get some pics pointing down in through the hatches, but I will also have a group of tankers placed in the hatches.

Erk.

More progress on my little venture  - I  have connected  up the bottom turret plate to the ring/casement  part,  spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

this was done in a few areas  I also had to gauge my hight to make sure it was square and would still fit in the hull - worked out ok I think.

Plenty more to come yet  including some ammo from those chaps over at Accurate Armour.

Erk.

• Like 6

A bit more work  in the turret -  I  have had to make the commanders position and seat, and after the gunners followed by loaders,  but to get the right seat hights as I had nothing to go by - I  made up one of the tanker figures I  have to go with the kit,   I then dry fitted the  turret roof and placed the figure through the commaders hatch and worked out the seat hight from that.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

More progress on this  - I wasn't happy with the hight  of the commanders seat/position  as it was too low  for whn he was standing  in the hatch, so I decided to remove the seat unit and build the base up a few mil,   then I discovered that it would be better to place a cushion pad  in the down position,   I also started work on the rear APFDS  stowage racks,  I have a similar arrangement in my M1 Abrams  kit - but as they are both different, it needed a fair  bit of work - still more work to do around that area.

Next I amde a support and back cushion for the commaders seat  - its looking more in proportion  now.

Still lots more to add  as I work through the limited pics I  have of the actual thing.

The roof of the turret has been made and cleaned up a bit  - a few bit of Vallejo putty to go in a few gaps, its dry fitted to get a feel for the fit.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

More work on the inside  - this time making the inner turret walls, this was a  bit of a scratching exercise  using a few pieces of plastic glued together - glued and shaped to fit the outer turret shell.

I couldn't resist  had to do a sneaky shot through the barrel mantlet.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi all,    more "Turret Time"    this time placing some of the control panels and a few other details, I then  worked  on the  sighting  equipment  that was then placed.

A few more cheeky views into the turret.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Erk.

• Like 5

Evening all  - painting time,   I started off with about Four thin layers by brush  with an Acrylic Matt dull White, this was followed up by Black in a few areas - after this was dry I did a few watered down washes that was brushed  off just leaving a few  areas, then I picked out a few details  before adding a bit of Highlighting.

Not too bad considering it wont be seen.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

Evening all,   I have knocked up a breech and worked it into the mantlet and barrel, gave it a few licks of paint and a touch of weathering to give it a used look.  Its shown dry fitted in the lower turret.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

Dude! You said you build slowly but this is moving at one heck of a pace for the work going into it!

That interior is looking awesome!

Thank you so much,    Its atking a lot of imagination and a few interior pics I have been able  to find on the net,   I want to make it look used  hence some of the washes, I know  it wont be seen when its  closed up  - but I will now its there.

Erk.

• Like 1

Evening all,    some more progress with my little experiment  -  I have finished the interior turret paintwork, then after I added a few of the side turret details including the frames for the rear  basket,  I had already painted the barrel/mantlet  by hand   so I decided now was the time to glue the barrel assembly into the lower turret, wheilst doing this instead of having the barrel freely elevate on the poly caps - I decided instead to glue them as I feared they would start to droop.

After I decided it would be good to close up the turret  - simple job as it had been dry fitted about Twenty times,  next was a neat addition of RFM  in the shape of an actual rubber cover that fits in the gap between the  turret roof and mantlet,  next off was making the PE frames for the  Smoke Grenades, these were also made  from the kit and fitted.

So here is where I am at the moment  - quite a mile stone getting the turret closed up  with all that detail hiding in there.

A few pics  to show a  wee bit of the interior  from the hatches.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

10 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Just caught up with this and got fed up pushing the like button 😀

So I will come to the point That is an outstanding bit of work you have there👌👌 

Ivan

Thank you kindly, trying to make it a little different.

Erk.

9 hours ago, viper-30 said:

Very cool and imaginative build ..

Thank you sincerely.

Erk.

21 hours ago, ERK said:

Evening all,    some more progress with my little experiment  -  I have finished the interior turret paintwork, then after I added a few of the side turret details including the frames for the rear  basket,  I had already painted the barrel/mantlet  by hand   so I decided now was the time to glue the barrel assembly into the lower turret, wheilst doing this instead of having the barrel freely elevate on the poly caps - I decided instead to glue them as I feared they would start to droop.

After I decided it would be good to close up the turret  - simple job as it had been dry fitted about Twenty times,  next was a neat addition of RFM  in the shape of an actual rubber cover that fits in the gap between the  turret roof and mantlet,  next off was making the PE frames for the  Smoke Grenades, these were also made  from the kit and fitted.

So here is where I am at the moment  - quite a mile stone getting the turret closed up  with all that detail hiding in there.

A few pics  to show a  wee bit of the interior  from the hatches.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So so fantastic. Think you have allot of imagination. Is it only going to be visibly from the hatches? Or will you be able to remove the turret top in order to see the detail?! Would be great if you could use magnets or something to hold it together but allow for easy viewing?