Mirage IIIC Instrument Panel references

FZ6

I'm building an Italeri Mirage III and if I can get the finish neat enough I 'm going to do a silver one from the l'armée de l'aire and have read that the Italeri Instrument panel is incorrect so I would like to try and modify it but am struggling to find references. As the Mirage III looks like it probably had many upgrades over its life, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for references as they seem to be hard to come by.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark

I dont have the book to hand - its in storage pending a house build and move.  However I recall there was a photo of a panel in an Israeli 111C in one of the Osprey books.  Another member might have that to hand.  Now how the French and Israeli panels differ I cant say but it might be of some assistance

Eduard do a panel and interior etch for the 111C.  Its available on Hannants web site and no doubt other vendors are available.  I assume they have it right so worth a look at least.

bestest

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Mark

I dont have the book to hand - its in storage pending a house build and move.  However I recall there was a photo of a panel in an Israeli 111C in one of the Osprey books.  Another member might have that to hand.  Now how the French and Israeli panels differ I cant say but it might be of some assistance

Eduard do a panel and interior etch for the 111C.  Its available on Hannants web site and no doubt other vendors are available.  I assume they have it right so worth a look at least.

bestest

John

Thanks John,

Using the Eduard etch might be a good Starting point as a reference

9 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Did you Google "Mirage IIIC cockpit"?

Don't think that unless you invest in some PE or Resin cockpit it is worth modifying a lot though...

I did try googling that very phrase but when comparing the images returned, there is so much variation that I'm unsure which is the most appropriate for the aircraft I wish to build. Some have radar scopes and some don't for example. I think with some home made modifications and a pilot, I should be able to make a decent job of the kit cockpit.

• Like 1

We are talking 1/48, no?

The MIIIC had a radar , so it also had a scope for a start.

The Eduard PE, ir instructions for it should point you definitely in the right direction!

I have a French monograph on the Mirage IIIB/C, PM me your e-mail address and I'll scan the pages with the IIIC cockpit for you and send them across.

18 hours ago, Wez said:

I have a French monograph on the Mirage IIIB/C, PM me your e-mail address and I'll scan the pages with the IIIC cockpit for you and send them across.

Cheers, I'll send you a PM.

Cheers for the info exdraken.  I've seen those photos and I think I'll use the black and white photo you shared as a starting point along with this one although the other pic will come in handy

33155.gif

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

We are talking 1/48, no?

I'm be building the 1/32 kit.