Italeri 1/72 B-25G kit 1309

walkerccw

I am looking for an inexpensive B-25 kit (i live in Mexico and customs is expensive). The Italeri 1/72 B-25 kit 1309 is way less cost than most of the rest. Is there a reason why?

Thanks.

Edited by walkerccw

@walkerccw,

The Italeri B-25G and B-25C/D kits are actually more accurate than their B-25H  and J kits, as the rear fuselages were not deepened for the new tail gun position. The engines are very simplified and not very good representations of the CW R-2600, but it actually goes together pretty well and looks like a B-25. Just don't park it next to a  Hasegawa or new-tool Airfix kit and nobody will be the wiser. The sea search scheme used on some B-25G;s is very attractive and not often done, and IIRC is one of  the decal choices in the Italeri kit. I say go for it, but post photos of the finished model!

Mike

Off topic but, in case anyone is considering fitting an Italeri B-25G nose onto the new Airfix B-25B/C kit, it won't work or, more accurately, can't be made to work easily because the fuselage cross sections are too different.  The details are a bit hazy now but I think there's a 2-3mm difference in height for starters.  Someone has since produced a very expensive resin B-25G conversion for the Airfix kit.