Airfix 1:48 Junkers Ju-87 R-2 (Late Production) Stuka

Hi guys. I have finished Airfix 1:48 Stuka project - Junkers Ju-87 R-2 Stuka Stab II.StG2 (T6+AC). This Stuka was from the Mediterranean theatre in 1941 and was flown by Major Walter Enneccerus, the Knight's Cross holder and eventual Gruppenkommandeur of the II./Sturzkampfgeschwader 2 "Immelmann". Below a few shots. To read about painting, weathering and to see better quality photos follow the link

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 44
  • Thanks 4

Very nice! Great work on the dusty weathering. How was the kit? quite tempted  to pick one up myself.

thanks for the link to your weathering process too, very detailed and informative !

Edited by GRK
  • Like 1

Very nicely done, I have an old tooling of a 1:48 Stuka from Airfix in my pile of shame somewhere.

Good weathering and the link you provided gives some good insights!

• Like 1

What a fantastic Stuka!

Absolutely top notch model. Congratulations!

JR

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 16:33, GRK said:

Very nice! Great work on the dusty weathering. How was the kit? quite tempted  to pick one up myself.

thanks for the link to your weathering process too, very detailed and informative !

Thanks! This is not Tamiya or Eduard for sure, but in general it is very much ok. Parts fitting is very good except for the slight problems with installation of the cockpit inside the fuselage halves(though that might have been me doing something wrong).  Connection of wing roots and fuselage is very good. Model required only some usage of putty where the fuselage parts where joined, under the wings and in the landing light housing on the port wing.  On the plus is definitely an option of open gun bays and Jumo 211 engine included in the set - very decent by the way. What is missing for sure is riveting - it is reflected only in very small percentage.  

• Thanks 1