FH-1Phantom. Special Hobby 1/72.

2 hours ago, Kentavros76 said:

Very nice work! How was the kit? I have read that part fitting is not it's strong point!

Thank you.😀

The wing roots were about 3mm from the fusalage and took a bit of work,also the air intakes were a very poor fit but then again it is a Special hobby kit and I have come across a lot worse.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Geo said:

Looks great, impressive tonal variation in the blue.

Cheers for the kind words Geo.😀

34 minutes ago, Toryu said:

That's a beautiful model. I love the early jets. Thanks for showing us.

Thanking you kindly Toryu.😀

2 hours ago, swralph said:

Thank you.😀

The wing roots were about 3mm from the fusalage and took a bit of work,also the air intakes were a very poor fit but then again it is a Special hobby kit and I have come across a lot worse.

I built one and have encouter the same problem

But when you overcome them, you have a beautifull model

• Like 1

A wonderful model of the USMC first jet fighter. 👏 Marion Carl was couragous pilot and skilled leader who had a distinguished career in Marine Corps. After WW-2 he served as Test pilot and later commanded a reconnaissance squadron that flew missions from Taiwan over Mainland China. During the Vietnam War he was in command of the first Marine brigade and flew missions in gun ships and attack helicopters. He later gained command  of the 2nd Marine Air and was subsequently apponited as inspector general of the USMC. Marion Carl retired with the rank of major general in 1973. Sadly, he became the victim of a violent crime in 1998 when he was defending his home against a criminal intruder.  

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

A wonderful model of the USMC first jet fighter. 👏 Marion Carl was couragous pilot and skilled leader who had a distinguished career in Marine Corps. After WW-2 he served as Test pilot and later commanded a reconnaissance squadron that flew missions from Taiwan over Mainland China. During the Vietnam War he was in command of the first Marine brigade and flew missions in gun ships and attack helicopters. He later gained command  of the 2nd Marine Air and was subsequently apponited as inspector general of the USMC. Marion Carl retired with the rank of major general in 1973. Sadly, he became the victim of a violent crime in 1998 when he was definding his home against a criminal intruder.  

Thanks very much 112.😀

Also thanks for that information...going through a great career only to be assaulted as an old guy makes me proud and sick at the same time.

10 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Gosh darn it Ralph.  You did it again!!!  Now I want to build the early Phantom because I like this one so much.  Great results my friend!!!! :elephant:

Mike

Cheers for the kind words Mike.😀