Captured Ki-43-II Oscar in 1/48

Brad

This is the older but still pretty good Hasegawa Ki 43. The wing to fuselage joint is about the only real issue with the kid that requires some attention, also it seems pretty difficult to have the flaps in the retracted position. Decals come from Dying Sun III sheet which are very nice to use. This aircraft was one of several discovered in the Hollandia area that hosted several airfields. Between May and November 1944 the 5th Air Force, 317th Troop Carrier Group, 41st Troop Carrier Squadron recovered and restored this machine to airworthy status. When the 41st moved on, the aircraft was left. Sometime after it suffered a landing accident and was towed out to the dump where it was probably buried or burned at wars end. 

This was also my first crack at Alcald. I used airframe aluminium over a Revell gloss black. Pretty good stuff, although I would give more attention to surface and undercoat preparation next time. I was also not expecting the amount needed, this using 3/4 of a small bottle. At 10 bucks per bottle it's rather expensive, but the finish is really nice. Thanks for looking.

BYUS0wN.jpg

at8cOQq.jpg

dUCQlEL.jpg

9xfFRS0.jpg

• Like 18