1/35: Soviet Heavy Howitzer

spacer.png

The Soviet M1931 was a 203 mm howitzer, firing a 98.5 kg (217 lb) grenade and was a particularly effective weapon when used against fixed targets, such as large buildings used by Germans as defensive positions. Efficient weapon from the Russian arsenal for the type of urban combat, from Stalingrad to Berlin.

It is not the model's diorama. I put it here just to show that the model in a scenario, improves more realism ....

spacer.png

This kit is from Alan on the 1/35 scale. It was painted in Russian Army Green with acrylics and finished in the usual way, with oils and enamel for Whashing, Drybrushing, Rust .... pigments mixed with sieved sand, were applied to the lower parts of the model to simulate the accumulation of mud and splashes of soil. We must be generous in the application, so as not to overload it too much ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for watching!

Fábio.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 20/01/2021 at 15:36, Reforgermodeller said:

Good Job, very well painted and weathered.

Be welcome!

I confess that adding fine sand to earth pigments was not a good idea. In the photo the grain of sand appears very large. Mix with stucco, I believe it would be better.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 08:46, Graham Boak said:

Using talcum powder to matt paint used to be common advice: perhaps increasing the proportion of talc would give an effect more like what you were looking for?

Hi Graham!

Good idea. I can even fumble a little with the talcum powder, but for sure, it will make the model very fragrant .....

Cheers.