1:72 F-15 third fuel tank for Academy kit

vppelt68

Hi, I´m building an Academy F-15C in 1:72 scale. The MSIP II kit #12506 came with two identical fuel tanks, great, but I´d maybe like to get a third one, like they were used in the Desert Storm. I've learned that Academy spare parts/service department is non-existent, so I might have to go for aftermarket if I really want the center line tank too. The kit supplied AIM-9X:s have already been replaced with Revell -9M:s and radar seeking missiles (AMRAAM:s) just dropped, though I know there are aftermarket Sparrows a plenty.

So does anyone know if there´s an aftermarket - just one - F-15 fuel tank available that looks reasonably enough the same as the Academy supplied ones? V-P

20 minutes ago, Silverkite said:

Be aware that during Desert Storm certain squadrons used WRM drop tanks which lacked the rear ending and were painted in lighter gray.

Hasegawa F-15s have 4 drop tanks so everyone should have at least a spare tank.

Luigi

Ok I have to check that detail - if I only find good enough pics! The Hase tanks, on the other hand, I´ve learned don´t match the Aca tanks in shape and size 😞 

12 minutes ago, tempestfan said:

The Airfix F-15s come with three tanks, and used to be available cheaply, possibly cheaper than a single AM tank.

That is definitely an option to evaluate, thank you!

V-P

Hi there

You can also find F-15 fuel tanks on Hasegawa F-4 Phantom kits in 1/72 scale

Btw I'm going to check on my stashed Hasegawa F-15

Best regards

Armando

• Like 1