1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon

Beautiful!  The way the foreplanes hang down when they are parked looks weird but absolutely correct to model it like that.  Are the decals included in the kit or are they aftermarket?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bryanm said:

Beautiful!  The way the foreplanes hang down when they are parked looks weird but absolutely correct to model it like that.  Are the decals included in the kit or are they aftermarket?

Hi Bryan

Thank you for your comment.  The decals are OOB though the stencils and aircraft code are a much darker colour on the sheet than on the real thing (by my eye anyway!), so I applied them then sprayed thinned coats of Barley grey over them until they had toned down to what looked about right.

Cheers
Shaun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gazza l said:

Very nice job. I must make typhoon one day, how was the kit to build?

gazza l 

That's something I'd like to know as well, I've got that one to do! 

That's a tidy build, Good thinking on toning the decals too.

12 hours ago, jimmyg352 said:

That's something I'd like to know as well, I've got that one to do! 

That's a tidy build, Good thinking on toning the decals too.

The kits goes together pretty well trouble free though I will make a couple of comments- some of which were my fault, other possibly not

1. General comment- I noticed on a number of occasions that location holes were too small for the purpose (e.g. pylon to wing fitment).  My advice- check that everything fits correctly before committing to glue.

2.  I stuck the seat in before installing the control column bits (parts 7 and 8)- (step 3).  Part 8 will need thinning down to get it to fit.

3.  If you're building a kit with the canopy closed, you may wish to dispense with part 83 (step 32).  I can't see any way that it might fit as intended.

That's pretty well it- enjoy the build!

Cheers

Shaun

• Like 1