"Another Glorious day in the Corps"

Got this game for Xmas,mainly wanted it for the figures,which is just as well,because reading the rule book nearly made my head implode🤪 The base game contains 16 Alien warriors and 6 human figures,Ripley,Newt,Hick,Hudson,Frost and Vasquez .They also sell figures as stand alones,so I got the Alien Queen and the power loader set(includes Ripley in the loader,Ripley and Newt,Bishop standing,and half Bishop after encounter with the Queen),plus a assets and hazards set(Eggs,facehuggers,computer terminals ,senty guns and storage crates)

8ya5XB.jpg

31zrC7.jpg

The Warriors come in four basic body poses with optional heads and all arms and tails fit all the figures so you can mix up the look.

CmclVV.jpg

All firures primed and ready for paint(I have since modified the Queen,given her a more upright pose and replaced those derpy looking tubes on her back with Spikes)

UwYl3x.jpg

One figure painted 27 to go :)

QlPC5I.jpg

And remember,They mostly come at night...............................mostly.

• Like 14

Hey Carts, I ordered that for Christmas 2019… finally got it this Christmas and the mini’s were missing from it 😂🤣

Thankfully I got replacements from GF9 (BattleFront), they were pretty good about it really. I also got the two expansions and the assets & hazards box recently. I always regretted not getting the APC from Prodos when they did ‘AvP: The Hunt Begins’. 

Nice looking xenomorph, really want to lay down some paint but promised myself the Lambda comes first; plus stupid Covid has ruined any chance of gaming with my mates 😭😭

Love a good bug hunt… though the only way to be sure is to nuke it from orbit 🤓

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 1:57 AM, HerrUther said:

Hey Carts, I ordered that for Christmas 2019… finally got it this Christmas and the mini’s were missing from it 😂🤣

Thankfully I got replacements from GF9 (BattleFront), they were pretty good about it really. I also got the two expansions and the assets & hazards box recently. I always regretted not getting the APC from Prodos when they did ‘AvP: The Hunt Begins’. 

Nice looking xenomorph, really want to lay down some paint but promised myself the Lambda comes first; plus stupid Covid has ruined any chance of gaming with my mates 😭😭

Love a good bug hunt… though the only way to be sure is to nuke it from orbit 🤓

For a supposed Alien fan I must have been living in a cave for the last few years,these  didnt even appear on my radar till just before Xmas🤪Im not a Gamer,mainly bought for the figures,but once done will give it a go,My Wife is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to that fun packed evening.

Bit of progress on the Alien army

eVxKmu.jpg

Queenie 

BF66lv.jpg

With some of her babies

reiSGY.jpg

When all done will tidy up the bases.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Little update,was getting a wee bit bored with the Alien production line,so thought I would have a go at the power loader,its a fairly neat little minature.

4TocSF.jpg

Last time I painted figures this small was when my lad was having a Warhammer  phase ,about 20 years ago.

Added the antenna from my spares box,it was a tool from a german halftrack,and added the wire mesh,cut from a washer for the roll cage.

ZL0WOz.jpg

Still needs a bit of a tidy up,but couldnt resit setting her up with the Queen.

1VjVxI.jpg

And for scale

CyHsQX.jpg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

I hear Ripley has a Class 2 rating on that thing… Gorman’s still an ‘A’hole?… do you think Vasquez was ever mistaken for a man?… and no one said anything about there being a synthetic onboard 😱

Nice work, love the addition of the hydraulic tubing. I’m still resisting the draw of Aliens… Project Lambda is an all consuming mistress 🤣😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, daneel said:

Stay frosty... :)

What's the scale on these guys anyway? Would love to get some next to a UD-4L Cheyenne tactical dropship...

In modelling terms i would say about 1/48th scale,off the base about 3.5 cm.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daneel said:

Stay frosty... :)

What's the scale on these guys anyway? Would love to get some next to a UD-4L Cheyenne tactical dropship...

I have the Prodos Games version of the Cheyenne with lightning… not sure what scale it is but I could put some unpainted Marines and Xenomorphs next to it if you’d like? 

On 03/03/2021 at 16:56, Carts said:

Thanks Chaps 

Added three  legendary Marines and half a Bishop to the squad:)

DmNYLx.jpg

mCBdnJ.jpg

Stop your grinning and drop your linen… I see Hicks like to keep that shotgun handy for close encounters… Hey Frost… wouldn't mind getting some more of that Arcturian poontang, though yours was male! 

Love this film soo much… the directors cut is on Sky atm 

Edited by HerrUther
  • Haha 1