Tamiya 1/35 Tiger l

Andy J

Armour build number 5 complete and i thourghly enjoyed myself again with this one. I decided to use this build as a sort of weathering mule so this certainly isn't a factory fresh Tiger infact it's probably way OTT but it gave me a great opportunity to learn about the weathering products I've purchased recently for future builds. The kit itself well it's Tamiya so no issues there and it's detailed enough for what i intended it for. Here's the pic's of the finished build 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So another one finished time to start the next one thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Nice one bud ;)  Some good weathering skills on show with this build, the turret numbers are really outstanding :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan I had to try and hand paint the numbers because I think the decals would have looked too clean if you know what I mean 🙂👍

• Like 1

Nice one Andy, that's certainly been around the block.

Some really nice weathering touches on display, the rust and associated staining is particularly good as are the turret numbers and exhaust shrouds. 

Might want to have a practice on the tow cable, if you don't mind me suggesting it. (Stands out like a sore thumb being shiny silver). 

Looking forward to seeing you put the weathering products to further use!

• Thanks 1

Hi Andy. Wow!! That's a very impressive Tiger! Fantastic weathering. Looking forward to seeing your Panzer III in the STGB of the same name! Very well done! :goodjob:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Nice one Andy! Still can't get over how quickly you've gone from flawless, miles deep, super shiny 2K finishes to something looking as manky as that....!! 

You've taken to this armour modelling lark like a duck to muddy water!

Top job! :)

Keith

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Nice one Andy! Still can't get over how quickly you've gone from flawless, miles deep, super shiny 2K finishes to something looking as manky as that....!! 

You've taken to this armour modelling lark like a duck to muddy water!

Top job! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith and your right mate quite a change however a return to the shiny vehicle's can never be ruled out 😉👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Well done Andy, looks really good. Nice weathering and some great chipping making this look superb. Excellent mate 👍

Ed

Thanks Ed I've learnt a lot about weathering with this build that should help me with future builds 🙂👍

• Like 1

Cool tank Andy, I really like it.  Is this the Tunisian one? I've build one years ago and it really put a smile on my face. The Grilles really add up and those intake pipes are very convincing. Lovely model,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ernst said:

Cool tank Andy, I really like it.  Is this the Tunisian one? I've build one years ago and it really put a smile on my face. The Grilles really add up and those intake pipes are very convincing. Lovely model,

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thanks for the comment Ernst much appreciated and it's the Tamiya kit below 🙂👍

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

You're rocking this stuff buddy 🙂 

Thanks Jeroen I deliberately over weathered the Tiger to learn about the different products but also because it's great fun. Now the key is to find the correct amount of weathering required for each kit without going too far  so the M26 Pershing I'm currently working on will receive much less aggressive weathering but hopefully just enough 😉👍