Merit, Gloster Gladiator, 112 Sqn, Paramythia, 1941

Nicely done,.... I did mine in a silver finish and it is a nice kit,.... agreed a bit basic in places. Your model looks lovely,..... wasn`t the valley called the `Valley of Fairies' or something similar? 

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Nicely done,.... I did mine in a silver finish and it is a nice kit,.... agreed a bit basic in places. Your model looks lovely,..... wasn`t the valley called the `Valley of Fairies' or something similar? 

Tony

Yes, the Valley of Fairies or the Valley of Legends. The river that runs through it was known as the 'Styx' which supposedly was where you paid the boatman to cross the river and take you to Hades....

It's known as the Acheron River now. There was a load of propaganda around at the time referencing the RAF operating from the Valley of Legends at one point.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Radpoe Spitfire said:

I believe this is the same kit used by Lindberg. If so, for a very old mold, it looks like it builds into a cracker.

You've done a smashing job of this one👍👍🍻

No, this kit was actually tooled by Trumpeter and is not related to the old Lindberg kit.

Duncan B

• Like 1

As said above this the newer 'Merit' kit and unrelated to the Lindberg one. I believe the new Merit name is now trading under a different name. Its all related to Trumpeter though.

Thank you for the comments everyone.

• Like 3

Hi, 

new or old tooling, your build is splendid! 

Congrats.

JR

• Like 1

On 25/01/2021 at 10:57 AM, Buzby061 said:

Lovely work. I've never seen a Merit kit but have heard good things about the Gladiator. Got to be easier than Roden's offering!

Pete

Oh it is! Rodens cowling😭😭😭

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Radpoe Spitfire said:

I believe this is the same kit used by Lindberg. If so, for a very old mold, it looks like it builds into a cracker.

You've done a smashing job of this one👍👍🍻

No, it's a completely different, and recent kit.  The Lindberg kit in the Inpact / Pryo one, which I prefer for greater accuracy.

2 hours ago, 85sqn said:

Oh it is! Rodens cowling😭😭😭

At least Roden's cowling is a more accurate shape, not parallel-sided

On 26/01/2021 at 8:31 PM, Work In Progress said:

No, it's a completely different, and recent kit.  The Lindberg kit in the Inpact / Pryo one, which I prefer for greater accuracy.

At least Roden's cowling is a more accurate shape, not parallel-sided

I do apologise. Rodens kit whilst it may be a little more accurate is about as much fun as watching paint dry.